• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then it came to me.

In a moment of blinding wisdom I decided that storing the files in Dropbox would take up too much room and might not be secure.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning - couldn't find a copy of my scanned business records anywhere. Nothing on my secure memory stick. Nothing on the computer anywhere. Searched by filename - nothing.

And I know I've shredded the paper copies of everything going back to 2005-06 when I first started.
      And where did you find them? Or are you still looking?

Comment

So I put them in Google Drive instead
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I've put them somewhere more sensible now, and shredded 2013-14.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            So I put them in Google Drive instead
            Personally I keep a master and 2 backup copies. And I just don't trust anything cloud based.

Comment

Anyone fancy this?

BBC Sport - Riding with your eyes closed: How to cycle 3,000 miles in 12 days
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Personally I keep a master and 2 backup copies. And I just don't trust anything cloud based.
                Dont trust because it can be hacked, or don't trust because the comapny could go bust?

If the former, why most documents need to be in the public record anyway, if the latter a small risk but well mitigated if using one of the bigger companies.

Anything I scan automaticlly goes from my Brother MFD to Dropbox
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

That is tough! I reckon I could do it in 15 days - 200 miles a day. Though 20 days(150 miles a day) is far nicer.

Maybe this should be the next CUK cycle meet up?

Comment

Just spent 2 hours thinking a pile of my code was wrong.

Then ran it in debug mode and its nothing to do with me. Its the code written by another "architect"
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I am awaiting an imminent implosion.

Comment

Working...
                      X