• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon

Comment

I dont know why I bother with some of the dick heads at clientco.

Proper banging head on walls.

Comment

Seems they are looking for contractors in another department, which I inquired about.

Found out the reason for it is because no one wants to work with the line manager and all the existing contractors have left or are leaving.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Seems they are looking for contractors in another department, which I inquired about.

Found out the reason for it is because no one wants to work with the line manager and all the existing contractors have left or are leaving.
          Narrow escape?

Comment

In the wise words of eek...

<----

Comment

Is it me or are pimp waste-of-time expeditions more lazy than they used to be?

We're down to the level of "I saw your CV and was impressed. Please call me" and "Please call to discuss possible future opportunities." I wouldn't mind but both of these are pimps I know from experience will just waste 15 mins of my time and then ask for three references.

Comment

Some more antique crap weeded out of my predeceased predecessor's data library.

I fell that there's little need for data regarding the teletext system any more.

Or data on Inmos static rams.

Comment

Shopping done, prescription collected and filled, and - at last - haircut

There's a "digital businesses" meetup starting in town shortly; I'm scoffing a belated lunch while I decide whether to go. It might provide some local freelancing opportunities, or it could just end up being a couple of hours stuck in a bar with "digital marketing" types

Comment

Decided to give the meetup a miss: the associated talk doesn't sound hugely interesting, and I'm not really in the mood for networking

Also, I'd be fairly late and might well have missed the talk altogether, to be left wandering around trying to engage slightly buzzed marketing types in conversation.

May go next month.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Some more antique crap weeded out of my predeceased predecessor's data library.

I fell that there's little need for data regarding the teletext system any more.

Or data on Inmos static rams.
                      I think Level 1 Teletext is about due for a revival. I bet some hipsters in Shoreditch are working on a Teletext Resurgence right now. You could fit one of these on a USB keyring nowadays: Teletext - Using the Acorn Teletext Adapter

Comment

Working...
                      X