• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    What I want to know is what happened to the 417 prior teapots?
    This might help

Comment

Well there we are (again again), that's the Sunday afternoon shop done & dusted.

Funny set of screwdriver bits (including security versions of same) from Lidl(tm).

Other boring stuff from Tesco and Morrisons.

Changed the bulb in the outside light over the steps down to the garden path.

This had previously had the attentions of ZeitPater in one of his more ingenious modes () where he'd replaced the now headless screws holding it together with green garden ties.

Worked for him so I just replaced the bulb (40W B&Q finest from about 2001) and garden tied it back together again.

Since it's getting dark and looks exceedingly threatening, I decided against attempting to drill out the screws (steel) from the lamp body (alloy).

That exercise rarely ends well, especially when up a ladder over a 4 foot drop onto an inspection cover for the main sewer.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
        I thank you.

I shall worry no longer about the 417 other teapots.

Comment

And my back is fecking killing me.
          It got worse after that.

Not too bad at the moment, though I did find it necessary to purchase and eat some quiche Loraine (reduced) from Morrisons.

I think this means that I can no longer define myself as A Real Programmer.

Comment

I thank you.

I shall worry no longer about the 417 other teapots.
            If you see teapot 404, let it know that absolutely everybody has been trying to find it

Comment

Just watched an episode of The Rockford Files to go with my tea (drink, not meal).

Now to wait for the laundry to finish and, after that, get my tea (meal, not drink) on

Comment

I am watching https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivors_(1975_TV_series)

I am up to episode 5 so far.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I am watching https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surviv...975_TV_series)

I am up to episode 5 so far.
                  I'm going to start watching that soon - I got the DVDs for Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post

And are you short and stout?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

And are you short and stout?

Comment

Working...
                      X