• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It is nice to be somewhere that HMRC cannot see.
    Unless GCHQ get involved.

Comment

Unless GCHQ get involved.
      If I wear a tin foil hat then GCHQ cannot read my posts....

Comment

The sun has just come out.

Comment

The sun has just come out.

Sorry, I bent over there to tie my shoe laces.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Now pouring with rain.

Comment

Millenium drivel

Om....
              Not just a millennium, a myriad*!

* Term suggested at Decade, century, millennium, ..? - Straight Dope Message Board by user Polycarp. There's also decamillennium, suggested by Diogenes the Cynic, who I note is banned

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Not just a millennium, a myriad*!

* Term suggested at Decade, century, millennium, ..? - Straight Dope Message Board by user Polycarp. There's also decamillennium, suggested by Diogenes the Cynic, who I note is banned
                WNFS.

Comment

Just remembered, tomorrow evening I'm off to see The Rutles up at the university (the real university, not the former polytechnic)

They're in the small bar venue, so with a bit of luck I'll get the chance to catch up with their drummer Barry Wom, aka John Halsey, landlord of the Castle Inn in Cambridge

Comment

Speaking of gigs, this is pretty cool: This 'legend' changed a Wikipedia page to sneak backstage at gig - BBC Newsbeat

Comment

The venue expects me to print out the ticket on paper, like some kind of William Caxton

My phone is perfectly capable of displaying a bar code that can be scanned, but apparently nobody's told the O2 Academy (not actually an academy of any kind BTW, it's a music venue) that we're living in 2015

(In fact I have my Adana 8-5 printing press in the corner along with my other letterpress equipment like a composing stick and type, so I could actually print things as William Caxton did if called upon to do so.)

Comment

Working...
                      X