• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Cavia porcellus
    Cave Cavia!
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I've been dipping into the new 6-CD Dylan 1965-66 box set. It's really interesting (if you're well into Dylan) to hear stuff developing. From the few bits I've listened to, the evolution of Visions of Johanna is quite surprising: it starts out as a fast, quite rocky number when he's first rehearsing it with The Band, and he keeps bringing it down and taking it more slowly, until by take 15 (I think it was) they're playing it about as slow, and almost as sombre and brooding, as the final version, which was recorded a few weeks later with session musicians in Nashville.

It's also clear that one thing a reviewer said is correct: he had a knack for picking out the best take to be released in the end. It wasn't even necessarily the final take. He recorded Like a Rolling Stone fifteen times in one day. The one that was released? Take 4.

But there are alternate takes on here that could easily have been released and everybody would have praised them to the skies, deservedly, except that he somehow managed to find a way to make the same song even better.

As I say, very interesting stuff; as long as you really like Dylan

I do wish I could have justified to myself buying the $600 limited edition 18-CD set that includes literally every note (and quite a bit of chatting, apparently) that was recorded during Dylan's studio time in that period of just over a year

Comment

Well there we are.

ZeitMater visited & duty done.

Not much fun this evening, even less so than usual.

Oppressed by two batty old women who seem sadly fixated on me.

Drive to & back was horrid with misty rain all the way, steaming up the windows.

The damp passenger seat from the leaky sunroof is beginning to pong.

On the front room office front, two filing cabinets moved out, two pcs removed, and the carpet raised by the door to find out wtf is under it.

Floor boards, thankfully, covered by hideous green patterned carpet and decaying underlay.

Looks like this is about to become endlessly amusing since that'll have to be replaced once the heating is fixed.

Ho very hum.

Now how do I dry out a car seat?

Comment

This is just about the only Dylan song I like.

Comment

When I say the underlay is decaying, what I really mean is it's FUBARed completely.

It's turned to powder, rather than being rubbery stuff any more.

It's daylight rubbery, the cost of that stuff.

Night all.

Comment

Night all

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Comment

Yawn.

The sun is out.

Don't expect that'll last.

Comment

Comment