• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZeitSis and partner were down to visit ZeitMater yesterday.

In a turn up for events, ZeitMater was actually nice to ZeitSis for a change.

Following the filling in of forms PA1 and IHT207, we went out for dinner.

Had two pints of Reverend James with the meal which was very nice, then came back & for some insane reason started consuming stuff out of the fridge whilst watching Dr. Who and NCIS NO.

All went well until 2 a.m. when I had the dyspepsia from hell.

Though I was going to , but after a monstrous fart and a good dump, I finally got back to bed.

And all was well, other than getting monstrously sweaty because the duvet was pulled up rather higher than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I've got a joint of beef to roast later
      I shall have beef next week.

Never ever had pork for Sunday lunch, but a chicken might make a nice change.

Comment

Watched the ceremony this morning, and discovered that you can no longer watch the pictures whilst listening to the commentary on R4.

There's a second delay between the R4 sound and the tv pictures.

Quite surreal to listen to big ben striking a second or so late on the telly whilst being bang on time on the wireless.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I've got a joint of beef to roast later
          Gammon joint for us.

Soaking in a big pot of water atm to draw out some of the salt.

Will be boiled to begin with then finished in the oven.

Will be served with the usual suspects, plus cheese sauce.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Memo to self

Hot melt glue is hot.

Very hot.

Hot melt glue is sticky.

Very sticky.

The combination of very hot an very sticky means that it fecking hurts when you get it on the end of your finger & you can't fecking get it off.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Fortunately the cold tap was close by, so then all you have to do is peel the stuff off the blister.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Comment

The bottom of the shed door has been coming adrift for yonks.

Various bits & pieces have been added as time has permitted.

For the last week it's been in danger of losing a panel.

So I've removed the previous potch jobs and replaced them with a nice piece of wood all the way across the bottom of the door.

Pity that this fascinated the cat.

Pity that it pissed down while I was doing it.

Really a pity that there's so much junk in there that I had to stand outside in the rain & do it.

But it's done now.

Still catches a bit as you open it, but there's much less danger of it falling to bits now.

Time to finish the cleaning.

It's been a slow old job this week, what with a pause for contemplation from 10:30 to 11:30.

Though I couldn't be arsed to listen to the Archers at 09:10.

Comment

Well that's tea done & dusted.

The remains of Wednesday's lamb & beef* stew.

And I've made some jelly.

The packet said BBE2010 but I'm sure it'll be fine.

*I cut the funny white mouldy bits off before putting it in the stew. It tasted ok.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Well that's tea done & dusted.

The remains of Wednesday's lamb & beef* stew.

And I've made some jelly.

The packet said BBE2010 but I'm sure it'll be fine.

*I cut the funny white mouldy bits off before putting it in the stew. It tasted ok.
                  Blackberry and yeast flavour? Yum....

Comment

Popped across the city to pick up a couple of parcels from the Amazon Locker. It's a much faster journey at Sunday teatime

Some bloke ahead of me on a dual carriageway with a 40mph limit was dawdling along in the outside lane at 35mph, despite having an empty inner lane at his disposal. Then, as we were coming to a junction, the lights started changing. That woke him up and he put his foot down to beat them, despite it being obvious that he wouldn't. He went through just after they'd changed to red.

This happened to be one of only a half-dozen or so junctions in the city with a red light camera. I hope he enjoys his driver improvement course

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Blackberry and yeast flavour? Yum....
                      "Has the jelly set?" "No, it's not finished rising yet…"

Comment

Working...
                      X