• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Glad to hear it! Sausages and mash here tonight - proper thick Lincolnshire sausages from our butcher.
    Nice!

Comment

Real, proper early night for me

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          My method is as follows, for what it's worth:
          1. Cut the spuds up into chips. (I peel them first, but some prefer not to.)
          Wee skinny ones, or fat chunky ones, or McCain oven sized ones?

Comment

Morning!

Comment

Not liking the cold and dark mornings
              Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Woke up at half five, for no good reason. Despite my best efforts I haven't been able to get back to sleep, so I've given up. Now waiting for the coffee to brew

Sort of cloudy out there. Bit chilly too

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Wee skinny ones, or fat chunky ones, or McCain oven sized ones?
                  A very important question indeed

I have two favoured styles, depending on circumstances. For something like a steak I'll go with thin, french-fry-style ones. The other approach is to cut the spuds into disks about 3-5mm thick; if the spud is very large, it may be cut in half first. The aim is to have the biggest ones be about an inch to an inch-and-a-half at their widest diameter. These are the optimum choice for something with a sauce or gravy, such as chops or a casserole, as the larger surface area allows for more gravy to be scooped in a single mouthful

Comment

Morning

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      A very important question indeed

I have two favoured styles, depending on circumstances. For something like a steak I'll go with thin, french-fry-style ones. The other approach is to cut the spuds into disks about 3-5mm thick; if the spud is very large, it may be cut in half first. The aim is to have the biggest ones be about an inch to an inch-and-a-half at their widest diameter. These are the optimum choice for something with a sauce or gravy, such as chops or a casserole, as the larger surface area allows for more gravy to be scooped in a single mouthful
                      Presumably the par boil time varies depending on size.

Comment

Working...
                      X