• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Is there some Apple Shop App that you can combine with contactless payments?
    The Apple Store app can tell when you're on the wifi in an actual Apple Store and turns into a barcode scanner and fingerprint checkout

Just scan the goods, confirm payment with your finger, and walk out.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You mean apart from tpd I hope?
      Yes, I was only referring to the 3D world

Comment

Guy across the room wearing an ExClientCorp developer t-shirt

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The Apple Store app can tell when you're on the wifi in an actual Apple Store and turns into a barcode scanner and fingerprint checkout

Just scan the goods, confirm payment with your finger, and walk out.
          So whats to stop you pointing you phone at it, prodding the screen and then just walking out anyway?
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            So whats to stop you pointing you phone at it, prodding the screen and then just walking out anyway?
            Not a lot, though I think they occasionally double-check - I've heard of people trying it and being caught by the security guard. Maybe there's some secret sensor near the door that can tell that something that hasn't been purchased is heading out?

Comment

All done. Went smoothly. Got through the poem.

Comfy now in jeans and t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                All done. Went smoothly. Got through the poem.

Comfy now in jeans and t-shirt.
                You seemed to have missed out the word "wine" somewhere.

Glad you got through it ok though.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Not a lot, though I think they occasionally double-check - I've heard of people trying it and being caught by the security guard. Maybe there's some secret sensor near the door that can tell that something that hasn't been purchased is heading out?
                  Seems it only works on "peripheral" purchases, headphones, cases, cables etc. If you want a Phone or an iPod etc it has to have a serial number scanned as well and it pages a store employee to help you (and make sure you pay).

Can't find anything that says you can't just fake it and walk out though and I found at least one news story of a guy doing just that, to the tune of $15,000 over repeated visits. Omly got caught cos the store manager eventually recognised him.

Is Apple's EasyPay too easy? - Fortune
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    You seemed to have missed out the word "wine" somewhere.
                    On the to-do list

Comment

June 13: Chapman enters the store at about 7 p.m. carrying an Apple bag. He puts a pair of headphones valued at $379.95 in the bag and walks out.

you would have thought they would put a magnetic sensor or similar in the box for such things and the payment routine would include demagnetising the goods.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X