• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I think mine is a late 2010 model, so coming upto 5 years old
    Looks like a straight forward DIY job. You just need the right screw driver.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook...placement/3403
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Looks like a straight forward DIY job. You just need the right screw driver.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook...placement/3403
      Never had a laptop last 4/5 years before so this has never been an issue

Just goes to show how good value Mac's are long term compatered to Wintel
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Never had a laptop last 4/5 years before so this has never been an issue

Just goes to show how good value Mac's are long term compatered to Wintel
        Indeed - I'm planning to replace the battery in my Mid-2011 MBA when I get round to it. Meanwhile, my 2006 MacBook sits, powered-up, on a shelf at home, doing various tasks such as monitoring motion-sensitive video cameras and acting as a development database server

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Indeed - I'm planning to replace the battery in my Mid-2011 MBA when I get round to it. Meanwhile, my 2006 MacBook sits, powered-up, on a shelf at home, doing various tasks such as monitoring motion-sensitive video cameras and acting as a development database server
          That is my only concern with the new Macbook, very limited as to being able to run an VM's off it, I have a Mid 2010 MacMini that I could use and just VPN back from the MacBook when I need something beefy, but even that only has a C2D 2.66 GHZ CPU
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

That is my only concern with the new Macbook, very limited as to being able to run an VM's off it, I have a Mid 2010 MacMini that I could use and just VPN back from the MacBook when I need something beefy, but even that only has a C2D 2.66 GHZ CPU
            The new Macbook is a thing of absolute beauty. However I would want to take the total purchase over £2k so will wait until the new iphone and ipad is out. Then I will think the Skylake processors aren't far away and are far faster so will then wait until the next version is out.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Chicken salad for lunch. If I know known about NF's extension I would have had a roast dinner in honour!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                The new Macbook is a thing of absolute beauty. However I would want to take the total purchase over £2k so will wait until the new iphone and ipad is out. Then I will think the Skylake processors aren't far away and are far faster so will then wait until the next version is out.
                Go for the 15" Pro with the upgraded processor and you are over the £2k mark anyway.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Chicken salad for lunch. If I know known about NF's extension I would have had a roast dinner in honour!
                  You could have had mine - I can't eat much beyond soup with this tooth

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    You could have had mine - I can't eat much beyond soup with this tooth
                    I have not read through all tpd posts! When is the dentist?

Comment

Just thought I'd see if I could pick me seats for my holiday flights yet.

Good news - airline has allocated them already.

Not so good news - airline has allocated seats A,C,D and K - so two seats together, aisle, one seat, two strangers, aisle, stranger, seat.

Default seat assignments - MrsF and me together, then 11year old, then 9 year old on her own on the far side of the plane.

And there's no other sets of two seats together with a window.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X