• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BoredNow(tm).

Comment

Got an appointment with the dentist for tomorrow afternoon, which fits in nicely with WFH while the permies attend their rally.

Comment

Just got offered an extension- three months. Accepted, as things seem to be picking up slightly here. Also, I want to buy myself a retina iMac

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just got offered an extension- three months. Accepted, as things seem to be picking up slightly here. Also, I want to buy myself a retina iMac
          I have noticed the battery on my coming up 5 year old MacBook Pro is shocking now, only lasts a couple of hours New MacBook me thinks
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I have noticed the battery on my coming up 5 year old MacBook Pro is shocking now, only lasts a couple of hours New MacBook me thinks
            Check the power menu, or System Profiler. It probably says "Service battery", which is code for "Get a new one" - it's up to you whether you interpret "one" as "battery" or "computer"

My MBA has been saying it for nearly two years now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Check the power menu, or System Profiler. It probably says "Service battery", which is code for "Get a new one" - it's up to you whether you interpret "one" as "battery" or "computer"

My MBA has been saying it for nearly two years now
              Got a little app that says that its had about 445 cycles and is now running at 85% maximum capcaity, if a new battery is an option (are they user changeable or fixed) i will still do that as they MBP will get recycled to a family memeber when I get my new toy, I mean essential business resource

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Hmmm, very cute looking guy appeared across the corridor from me a few days ago. I hadn't heard him speak till today - a kinda high pitched warble. Oh dear.

Comment

Got a little app that says that its had about 445 cycles and is now running at 85% maximum capcaity, if a new battery is an option (are they user changeable or fixed) i will still do that as they MBP will get recycled to a family memeber when I get my new toy, I mean essential business resource
                  Pretty sure it's not user-replaceable, which means either making an appointment at an Apple Store (or maybe an official Mac dealer?) to have it replaced or sending it away. If you fancy your chances using a heat gun to melt the adhesive holding the highly explosive battery in place, you can probably buy a kit

Comment

How old is it? Apples official figures are 80% at 1000 cycles, so yours looks about right. I have to admit my late 2011 MBP runs on mains for most of the time and I;ve no idea what the battery life might actually be.

Apple do offer a battery service option. None of the more recent models are officially User Servicable, but there are almost certainly DIY guides out there.

Might be worth looking at the power profile if you upgraded to Yosemite recently or just have a fiddle generally. The process monitor has an option to display power consumption by application as well.
                    Last edited by DaveB; 17 June 2015, 10:40.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      How old is it? Apples official figures are 80% at 1000 cycles, so yours looks about right. I have to admit my late 2011 MBP runs on mains for most of the time and I;ve no idea what the battery life might actually be.

Apple do offer a battery service option. None of the more recent models are officially User Servicable, but there are almost certainly DIY guides out there.

Might be worth looking at the power profile if you upgraded to Yosemite recently or just have a fiddle generally. The process monitor has an option to display power consumption by application as well.
                      I think mine is a late 2010 model, so coming upto 5 years old

Comment

Working...
                      X