• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the utterly expected has actually occurred.

Having spent 3 weeks doing sod all with everyone saying things are fine notice has been served. So available from early July....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Having spent 3 weeks doing sod all with everyone saying things are fine notice has been served. So available from early July....
      Served by them or by you?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Have a break

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Served by them or by you?
          By them which saved me from doing it after today's entertainment..

Hint if you don't listen to what the end customer is telling you, you really annoy them...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Have a break
            Would love to but have holidays organised that will utterly screw things up if I don't find something quickly. I'm off mid August which I don't want to cancel but could if needs must and end September which I definitely can't...

Only good thing is that I'm actually in the country rather than abroad as planned until I lost my passport as that would have utterly annoyed me...
            Last edited by eek; 18 June 2015, 19:29.

Comment

Would love to but have holidays organised that will utterly screw things up if I don't find something quickly. I'm off mid August which I don't want to cancel but could if needs must and end September which I definitely can't...

Only good thing is that I'm actually in the country rather than abroad as planned until I lost my passport as that would have utterly annoyed me...
              Ah, complicated

I solve this problem by never going anywhere, bar a couple of days now and then. On the rare occasions I do go holidaying somewhere that isn't home, it's usually sorted out no more than a week in advance, and it never involves passports.

Comment

Had the rest of the scouse from last night for tea. My appetite was a bit lacking last night, so there was loads left

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Ah, complicated

I solve this problem by never going anywhere, bar a couple of days now and then. On the rare occasions I do go holidaying somewhere that isn't home, it's usually sorted out no more than a week in advance, and it never involves passports.
                  That would be my approach. Unfortunately Mrs Eek has a different opinion on such things...

Comment

That would be my approach. Unfortunately Mrs Eek has a different opinion on such things...
                    Too right. The world is bigger than your front room.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Too right. The world is bigger than your front room.
                      I know that but with Mrs Eek's business and two children in school, holiday times are fairly (well really, very) fixed....

Personally it should be out the door early July a month off and then start looking. However with holidays booked in 8 weeks time, moving straight into a new contract for 4-6 weeks then 2 weeks off is about as good as it will get.

Market looks good though :

Comment

Working...
                      X