• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    What a relief to drive all the way this morning without having to endure the burblings of any of our political class on the Today programme

They should have the reporting ban for the whole campaign period, not just polling day. Extending it for the entire life of the Parliament would be even better
    I've spent the past 2 months listening to podcasts. You can always find an old "In Our Time" or "Great Lives" to listen to...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

In other news

Link to the development VMs are totally down due to a power outage. I will not be doing much today..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I've spent the past 2 months listening to podcasts. You can always find an old "In Our Time" or "Great Lives" to listen to...
        I used to listen to tapes of "Home Truths" and "Material World" and such like.

Which shows how long ago that was.

Comment

If you have DAB then give 4Extra a try. Basically R4 without the news and poloitics .
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

BoredNow(tm)

Comment

I do so hope that I'm not coming down with a recurrence of The Lurgy.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                I do so hope that I'm not coming down with a recurrence of The Lurgy.
                Just discovered Go Live on this project has been pushed back a further week. They aren't communicating that to the business yet as they aren't certain they can make the new date either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  Just discovered Go Live on this project has been pushed back a further week. They aren't communicating that to the business yet as they aren't certain they can make the new date either.
                  My project implementation plan (target go-live December 2014) has just been pushed back to December 2018

The board were meant to be making a decision this week about what to do about that idea, and whether to ditch the current project and do something sensible instead.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Monsoon alert!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      That would involve planning ahead, which isn't really my thing

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      If you have DAB then give 4Extra a try. Basically R4 without the news and poloitics .
                      Nope, none of that in my cars. FM all the way - I believe the Orion does MW and LW too, but digital they ain't

Comment

Working...
                      X