• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Apparently got fatty liver and I need to lose weight (Doing everything I can to lose weight)
    If you want to lose weight I can let you have The ZeitLurgy(tm).

I've lost half a stone since Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Well, I've spent three days trying to work out a way to end a chef-client run before it's run to completion. Though it's completely undocumented (like so much about Chef) it turns out all I needed was

Code:
      throw :end_client_run_early

I particularly like the way they treat "exit 0", which is a standard way of indicating the process completed without error, as an error.
      We can always tell when the esteemed customers have nicked sommat off the interweb thingie coz it has stuff like that in it.

Normally they expect everything to complete error free.

And the very idea of testing a return value makes them faint clean away.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        If you want to lose weight I can let you have The ZeitLurgy(tm).

I've lost half a stone since Monday.

You will end up with this avatar then

Comment

Ruby. Pile of crap, but that's what Chef's written in
          Ain't that got sommat to do with railways or something?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

You will end up with this avatar then

Very likely.

I was about to go & shower but I've just started shivering again.

Lunch consisted of half a pint of bird's custard.

It was invented in Swansea you know.

Comment

Ruby-On-Rails?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Rails is a web application framework written in Ruby, yes. Thank God I'm not stuck using that, too

Just wasted half an hour over the fact that somebody else's code specifies certain keys as strings some of the time and symbols (constant strings) other times; and under certain arcane circumstances, these are not the same thing

Comment

Rails is a web application framework written in Ruby, yes. Thank God I'm not stuck using that, too

Just wasted half an hour over the fact that somebody else's code specifies certain keys as strings some of the time and symbols (constant strings) other times; and under certain arcane circumstances, these are not the same thing
                  I'm still impressed with your rear view Google streetview.

My only association with Ruby is when I gifted ex-FLC a Ruby pendant from South Africa . She flounced with the necklace and a lot of other things.

Comment

Currently located at a German airport and all* of the female checkin staff had their nails painted in Germanwings purple.

*the two I could see.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      The most important bit of the above is that it's Thursday. If all goes to plan then Thursday will be followed by Friday, which in turn will be followed by the weekend.
                      And now we're even closer!

Comment

Working...
                      X