• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah. Turns out it was looking for Queue, which is a library that is already in Python. Except it was called "Queue" in Python 2.x, but in Python 3 they changed it to "queue". And as I copied that file (which still isn't doing what it's supposed to do EDIT at 23:00: Fixed!) from an older project, it got confused. Because they decided having an uppercase "Q" looked untidy, or didn't go with the curtains, or something

Anyway, after building numerous libraries, installing assorted crap, and much general dicking about, I've finally got the damn thing rendering a page that says "Hello"

That's the result of, IIRC, about three hours last night, and another hour-and-a-half tonight. And all I've done is created an empty application so I can get started

If it was any earlier, I'd go to the pub now and try to forget. Ah well, there's beer in the fridge; and I am converting my computer from a programming platform into a DVD-watching device. Possibly permanently
    Last edited by NickFitz; 20 February 2015, 23:01.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Carpet man is here fitting carpet on the stairs. He's been at it 2 hours, and judging by the proximity of the banging noises, he's approaching the bottom. Next is the hallway bit. I hope he hurries the feck up so I can have some breakfast. And a tulip.

Comment

Train is delayed. Question is is the delay 28 minutes or the 30 minutes I need for a refund
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            Probably a question for norrahe. Do you use cheap wine in food or an expensive one?

I was once told off for making the french version of hunter's chicken using a cheap wine (£5 a bottle). This fecker sounded like he knew his tulip about food and suggested that one should go for wine that one would normally drink.

Your opinion?
            It depends, I have these small bottles of wine, 250ml, white and red that I use for cooking. They're not expensive I think you can also get them in Waitrose Cotes de Rhone of some sort.

Use decent wine but I wouldn't go using any of the expensive ones I have.

If it's cheap and nasty then the food will taste the same.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                Probably a question for norrahe. Do you use cheap wine in food or an expensive one?

I was once told off for making the french version of hunter's chicken using a cheap wine (£5 a bottle). This fecker sounded like he knew his tulip about food and suggested that one should go for wine that one would normally drink.

Your opinion?
                Well given that you'll inevitably end up drinking the rest of the bottle, makes sense to use something you like drinking.

Comment

Mini Mac's 5th birthday party today, where can I hide?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Morning denizens

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Mini Mac's 5th birthday party today, where can I hide?
                      Neither he or his mum can drive so anywhere not on the bus route. Surely it's just a very expensive trip to soft play with the entire class
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X