• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've got some crazy capcha thingie that I've not seen before.

The first one asked me to fill a glass with a drink.

Which I failed to do.

The retry was to give the pig his cigar, at which I succeeded.

Considering the screen size on this thing (10") I could barely see the fecking capcha in the first place.

Had to put my (strong) reading glasses on.

Got an oily nose mark on the screen now.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      They've got some crazy capcha thingie that I've not seen before.

The first one asked me to fill a glass with a drink.

Which I failed to do.

The retry was to give the pig his cigar, at which I succeeded.

Considering the screen size on this thing (10") I could barely see the fecking capcha in the first place.

Had to put my (strong) reading glasses on.

Got an oily nose mark on the screen now.
      They sound bizarre, and quite uncalled for

Google have recently developed a captcha that is just a button saying "I'm not a robot" or some such, yet is just as effective as the usual shenanigans. They're putting it on sites that use ReCaptcha, the one that used to use words from Google Book scans and then moved on to using house numbers from Street View. But unfortunately all the sites that still use homebrew captchas dreamed up by some idiot that doesn't have a billion dollar company backing them will probably take years to catch up

Comment

Sun's out!

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny here too

Early start did not materialise

Comment

Right, that's all the errands done

The car does not yet have new tyres. The only ones of the right size that they had in stock were "budget" ones, which are a false economy if I end up driving lots. So they're ordering a set of decent ones (some kind of Dunlop I went for in the end), but they won't be here till Monday. So either I go for a late start one day, or I WFH (which I've not done yet on this gig, and which may need stuff like VPNs to be configured), or I'll get down there next Saturday.

Then onwards to the Royal Mail place, out in the middle of nowhere on an industrial estate, to get the Super Monkey Car's new petrol cap. It fits, and looks just like the old one but newer

Then Sainsbury's and M&S. I redeemed a bunch of vouchers at the former and ended up with over 1,000 bonus Nectar points, which I think is worth about a fiver, so better than nothing. M&S had sold out of the particular sausages I wanted, so I'm giving their Cumberland ones a try, even though they don't come in a proper ring. And I indulged myself with some new driving shoes. Oh, and a pair of jeans, which may or may not turn out to fit.

Then across the city to Staples, where by exercising enormous restraint I managed to only buy about five items I didn't need in addition to the screen & spectacle wipes I'd gone for

And so home, feeling like a good little consumer

Comment

Afternoon

Comment

The pooch was given some sort of treat and its gone all sticky, so soft lad has to bath her

Comment

I've spent most of the day wondering whether to upgrade my 6 year old Nikon D40 to a D7100 in the hope that it'll reinvigorate my interest in photography...
                  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
                  • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Afternoon
                    Greetings

Comment

Lawn(hah!) is mowed. Hot and sweaty.

Comment

Working...
                      X