• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun's out!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Sun's out!
      Almost out here, clouds are starting to break up.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Instead of a lie in, I made sour dough bread and wrote up the review from last nights dinner.

Just waiting for Mr N to proof read it before I publish.

I prefer to get him to read the recipes rather than reviews to see if they make sense to him.

I hate writing recipes as it takes fecking ages to think all the stages through and when I'm cooking I take loads of short-cuts so have to explain things in more detail.

I have a cloggy mate who likes to cook but isn't very advanced, so I always think of her when writing as to who the best audience is to aim at. Never thought food writing would be so difficult.

Was quite amusing last night, had Mr N's camera which was nice of him to trust me with a stupidly expensive piece of equipment and someone asked if I was a journo. If only, would be nice to get paid to eat out.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all

There seems to be some spectacle happening in Yorkshire this morning. A strange bright object came out in the skies

It is a full working day as I was requested at the 11th hour to get a few web services ready in the Oracle Service Bus for tomorrow. Why not? When they are paying me 2x the dayrate?

Hope you all get out and enjoy the sight of that strange thing in the sky, when it lasts !

Comment

More wine related nonsense posted.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all.

Floor tiles in the kitchen went down on Friday. Spent yesterday cleaning, de-greasing and then applying sealant. Just finished buffing after the sealant dried overnight.

End result looks really good, thank god, after all the hassles getting them down.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Morning all.

Floor tiles in the kitchen went down on Friday. Spent yesterday cleaning, de-greasing and then applying sealant. Just finished buffing after the sealant dried overnight.

End result looks really good, thank god, after all the hassles getting them down.
                Admire you for doing it yourself, would never attempt that myself.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Not sure whether to cook a lamb dansak, or rack of lamb or steak tartare for tea this evening.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Just been out for a 20k spin round the block. Feet now defrosting.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Not sure whether to cook a lamb dansak, or rack of lamb or steak tartare for tea this evening.
                      Rack of lamb vac packed with herbs and garlic from the garden and sous viding for the next few hours.

Will probably serve it with crushed peas and Chorizo.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X