• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Was it a free event?
    Am also hoping as a result of the blog I'll write I'll get some publicity from these guys. They've just been voted in the top 5 delis in cloggers.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      The church I (currently occassionally) attend is rather high CofE with a curate who is from the very traditional absolutely no women priests side of the church.

Considering its also the most liberal church in the area (gay married couples willingly accepted) I'm sure the bishop dislikes him so sent him there on purpose.
      It's almost like the Archbishop of York trying to send Rev North (the new Bishop of Burnley, who is against women priests and bishops) to be Bishop of Whitby - where the majority of vicars in the diocese are women
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Nope, but scored some free beers at the shop.

Not as good as some other evenings, but given the cloggies are a tad stingy, it was a good start.
        Nor, checked with Mrs P. We've been to ceviche and it was a bit meh although we did sit at the bar next to Heston B drinking chilli infused pisco. She went to his other place (andina ?) which was a bit better. There's a chef named Gaston Acurio who's opening a place in London. We've eaten in a couple of his places and it's way better.

Comment

Minor lockin at the pub

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            It's almost like the Archbishop of York trying to send Rev North (the new Bishop of Burnley, who is against women priests and bishops) to be Bishop of Whitby - where the majority of vicars in the diocese are women
            If they weren't people men of God, one might almost suspect some kind of artifice

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              "There's no such thing as a bad port; there are only better ports."
              Possibly taking this idea a bit too far:

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Nor, checked with Mrs P. We've been to ceviche and it was a bit meh although we did sit at the bar next to Heston B drinking chilli infused pisco. She went to his other place (andina ?) which was a bit better. There's a chef named Gaston Acurio who's opening a place in London. We've eaten in a couple of his places and it's way better.
                    Will check him out - does this Gaston Bloke have a cook book (says she who still has a mound of unread books piling up)?

Lucky you I've been to the Fat Duck twice and the Hinds Head and never met Heston. Even got a tour of the kitchen the first time we went there, but the chefs had all b*ggered orf by then, second time he was travelling for some TV programme.
                    Last edited by norrahe; 8 February 2015, 08:09.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Went to bed late as I stayed up and watched a few episodes of the good wife, wanted a lie in and woke up at 5:30am

Now want a cup of coffee, but Mr N is fast asleep so won't fire up the grinder just yet. normally I wouldn't bother but he's not been sleeping at all, so will leave him to it.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X