• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn traffic + hobbling gait meant I was too late to get a coffee before this training thing started

At least he's taking a break every hour. Caffeine has now been obtained, along with complimentary shortbread

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Morning denizens

Today's special treat is an attack of gout, to go with my aching ribs

Hours of fun
      Loads of Cherry juice, water and some coffee !

Big Fat hugs

Comment

Morning
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Rates seem to have taken a right dive over here, have been put forward for summat but do not expect anything to come of it as they've got people with more recent experience and despite the fact I have 12 years industry experience, the dumb ass pimp probably won't highlight it.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Feck me, it's like the Marie Celeste again.

Chap I work with is off sick & it's end of semester, so no esteemed customers.

Deep & abiding joy.

The only person I've seen this morning was the cleaner.
            Similar story here, we've got people working from home, people visiting clients off-site, people on induction courses and people on a training course. Out of a possible 9 people in the office, I'm the only one here at the moment.
            • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
            • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Tough decisions - I had a successful telephone interview on Friday. However it was for one of the big consultancy firms that pimps out to places in London.
              They like me, have now put me forward to the client and they want to interview me tomorrow.

The same gig is advertised at but via an agency instead of the consultancy outfit at nearly twice the rate, however the london based agents arent interested in me.

So do I sell myself out cheap in order to gain the experience that would enable me to move to the big smoke and earn better coin now or do I wait ?

Comment

In other news eldests car wont start so I've had to take her to college and Im now waiting for the RAC patrol to come and have a look

Comment

The ibuprofen + codeine are finally working properly.

They don't actually conceal the various pains entirely, but they make them easier to bear

Comment

Grr, trying to point out to Mrs Eek that a business requires a vague plan is proving hard work.

Am I asking too much for a total of what has been spent and what has been earnt?
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Oh, links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X