• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Should probably get it seen to...
    You think?

Comment

Well there's the Sunday lunch (lamb this week) cooked & eaten.

One house more or less vacced.

After I've done the dishes it's off shopping for whatever I've forgotten.

And to get out of the house.

Then it's time to vac the other house.

Must get around to doing some dusting too, before stuff starts growing legs.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        You think?
        Dinozzo.

Dunno why that sprang to mind.

I think I watch too much tv.

And NCIS in particular.

Comment

I was taking stuff out my car's boot in Tesco carpark today, and I heard a bang. I looked round, couldn't see anything hitting anything, turned back, and found my car moving at a fair pace towards the one parked opposite. Ran and grabbed the boot, and with some effort, stopped it. Then the dilemma of what to do - couldn't let go or it would resume its trajectory, so couldn't go and put the brake on. Fortunately a passing yoof jumped in the driver's door and reapplied the handbrake.

Bit scary though - my handbrake's clonked itself off a few times with a bang - up till today it's just as I've put it on, so I know about it, but today it must have been a good 30secs - a minute after; long enough for me to get out and open the boot at any rate. Should probably get it seen to...
          The ZeitFiatCroma did that once in Halfords car park.

And the ZeitFiatSeicento did it the other day in the garage.

Can you see a commonality in that?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Dinozzo.

Dunno why that sprang to mind.

I think I watch too much tv.

And NCIS in particular.
            I think Channel 5 have a dedicated NCIS channel

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              Day 4 of the dizeez here - though I was about over it last night but woke up with a stiff neck and coughing like buggery again.

I need to MTFU before tomorrow to actually get some work done.
              Ugh. Don't forget to spread it to the permies

Comment

Well, I might not be posting during the day in week days for a little while.

There may well be a few "WTF??"'s after 6pm, however...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

And google suggests it's a common problem - recall on some vehicles, but didn't get one on mine. Might check.
                  I always leave mine parked 'in gear' just to be safe. It stems from living on a hill when I was a student and my average car price was about £300. That typically got you a 10 year old Ford Fiesta that had been repainted using B+Q gloss and a paint brush.

Comment

Never hit ebay while bored.

Just bought a kindle voyage as it was there, cheap and the auction was about to finish.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Never hit ebay while bored.

Just bought a kindle voyage as it was there, cheap and the auction was about to finish.
                      I keep absent mindedly hitting the "Add to basket" button on Amazon when I mean "Add to wish list"

Up to £83 at the moment

Comment

Working...
                      X