• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that today's first round of pigeon chess has started in General. It makes me almost miss the pointless sockies. ah well.

I cooked Pollo Borracho last night or Drunken Chicken as it translates. Chicken thighs fried with onion, red pepper, scotch bonnet, garlic and a special chili paste that Mrs P and her mates whisper about in hushed tones since they have to order it in. Then you pour a can of beer (lager) over it and leave it for half an hour. Served with fluffy white rice. First time making it and it's not a bad way to get rid of those cans of stella you bought 'just in case' over xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Did we ever find out who the Evil Deleter was?

Just asking, like.
      Sorry, busy weekend meant I didn't have time

I'll dig into it tonight

Comment

Yep, I think that's the way to go. We need to see what the medicos are going to do with her. It all got a bit more complicated - she was supposed to have a valve replacement via a catheter procedure (TAVI) but when they did an angiogram they found 3 major blockages, which for some reason they can't treat with stents. So they sent her home and are having a meeting to decide what to do with her - from what I understand the options are open heart surgery for a bypass and valve replacement, go ahead with TAVI anyway or leave alone and 'manage symptoms'.

So it's possible that she could have surgery and end up (eventually) feeling a hell of a lot better and able to look after herself I suppose.

But no idea when they will tell us what's going on. Sis is here for another 2 weeks, so she's chasing up today - would be nice if we at least knew what the plan was before she goes back.

But if she does have surgery, she will have to go into a nursing home for a while I would imagine, so we'll take it from there I guess.

Comment

Decided to cancel meeting with pimp as I really CBA trekking all the way into hamsterjam for a waste of time meeting.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            I see that today's first round of pigeon chess has started in General. It makes me almost miss the pointless sockies. ah well.

I cooked Pollo Borracho last night or Drunken Chicken as it translates. Chicken thighs fried with onion, red pepper, scotch bonnet, garlic and a special chili paste that Mrs P and her mates whisper about in hushed tones since they have to order it in. Then you pour a can of beer (lager) over it and leave it for half an hour. Served with fluffy white rice. First time making it and it's not a bad way to get rid of those cans of stella you bought 'just in case' over xmas.
            Sounds nice.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Ah, my attempts to get Git set up on the ClientCorp laptop are thwarted because I need a GitLab account to be created for me. Can't do it myself because process, and doing it is the responsibility of some other team who haven't got the same priorities as ours, because process. Agile, innit?

Comment

Daytrip to Sheffield next week. Cost of train ticket £73

Cost of ticket if I stop at York and buy 4 tickets to and from york (in both directions) rather than direct £40.... It did take me 2 minutes to ensure I stayed on the same seat all the way but even so....

That is just utterly stupid.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Daytrip to Sheffield next week. Cost of train ticket £73

Cost of ticket if I stop at York and buy 4 tickets to and from york (in both directions) rather than direct £40.... It did take me 2 minutes to ensure I stayed on the same seat all the way but even so....

That is just utterly stupid.
                  Handy tool by Matt Somerville for finding such things: Split Ticket - Accessible UK Train Timetables

Comment

Bored.

now.

Updating the MPLAB handout from V6.3 to V8.92.

V8.92 is the last proper version before the advent of the dire MPLAB X, which has the "advantage" of being open source.

and crap.

If I wanted to use Linux I'd use Linux.

Also, V8.92 does dull things, like you can't have the programmer enabled & use the debugger at the same time.

To use the programmer, the debugger gets unloaded () and to use the debugger the programmer gets unloaded (double ).

WTF?

On modern machines with Gb of ram?

Really?
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 13 January 2015, 12:04.

Comment

Serious case of CBA today.

Doesn't help that Mr N is in a mood as his back is still pretty painful and uncomfortable.

Also e-mailed pimp several hours ago about not making the meeting and have heard nowt back, obviously there were never any "possibilities".

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X