• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'm due to see the GP for the results of some blood tests for gout, so I'll ask him.

They can't start the allopurinol during an attack, as it can actually make it worse
    Well, that's always there. I was first put on Febuxostat (before it was removed from recommended medicines list on NHS) and I tulip you not, it made things worse to an extent that I went without billing for 3 weeks.

Allopurinol is excellent and my latest blood tests showed that I am gout free after being on it 400mg a day for a year!

However for an attack there is nothing better than Indometacin. Good luck with bullying your GP.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Tough decisions - I had a successful telephone interview on Friday. However it was for one of the big consultancy firms that pimps out to places in London.
      They like me, have now put me forward to the client and they want to interview me tomorrow.

The same gig is advertised at but via an agency instead of the consultancy outfit at nearly twice the rate, however the london based agents arent interested in me.

So do I sell myself out cheap in order to gain the experience that would enable me to move to the big smoke and earn better coin now or do I wait ?
      How cheap is cheap? If you hadn't seen the other advert, would you have been happy to take this one?

If you want the work, then take it. If you don't want it, and can afford not to, then wait for something better. If it turned into a long wait, then you'll be feeling silly - I turned down a six month extension once and then didn't work for seven months. Not the smartest business decision I've ever made.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        Well, that's always there. I was first put on Febuxostat (before it was removed from recommended medicines list on NHS) and I tulip you not, it made things worse to an extent that I went without billing for 3 weeks.

Allopurinol is excellent and my latest blood tests showed that I am gout free after being on it 400mg a day for a year!

However for an attack there is nothing better than Indometacin. Good luck with bullying your GP.
        I won't be able to see him before Friday anyway, because of this training

Comment

Just popped down the road to the office during the lunch break, to pick up the power supply for my laptop. Get back, to discover that all the sockets are already in use, so I can't plug it in anyway

Got to inspect my new desk though. I can see the sky! Well, a little bit of it, not too far away

Comment

Going for a brew and maybe a biscuit

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Just popped down the road to the office during the lunch break, to pick up the power supply for my laptop. Get back, to discover that all the sockets are already in use, so I can't plug it in anyway

Got to inspect my new desk though. I can see the sky! Well, a little bit of it, not too far away
              I have a window seat with nothing but space between me and the window.

Unfortunately as I've said before

1) that means its a meeting place for people
              2) being on the ground floor there is plastic on the windows and you can't see out of them. Its very much a case of so near and yet so far...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Website analytics

Comment

An hour and 15 minutes left.

75 minutes.

4500 seconds.

And I still haven't seen anyone.

Never mind, it's let me catch up on Great British Railway Journeys (Season 6) and the issues of NS that I couldn't be arsed to read over Xmas.

Comment

SAP Plant Maintenance Measuring Points

Comment

15 mins.

Not that I'm counting of course.

One will to live is being rapidly lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X