• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and as I was coming back, I saw two police cars putting in a stop (as I believe they call it) on a car going the other way just ahead

They came belting up behind it with their lights on, then when it pulled over to let them pass, one pulled in sharp in front of it while the other tucked itself in behind.

Both driver and passenger got out of the car straight away, so they're obviously guilty of something. Innocent people stay in their seats, desperately trying not to look guilty as all the times they dropped a Mars wrapper on the pavement or didn't mention getting 20p too much change in a shop race through their minds

Comment

Bored

And the choice of tv is not overly inspiring but I just cba to put any effort in doing anything else.

So bond, e.t. or triple d

Comment

History of ww2 is on but watched it before so know the ending :-S

Comment

Easiest dinner I've cooked in a while, haggis is steaming in the oven accompanies by neeps and tatties dauphinoise.
          Last edited by norrahe; 25 January 2015, 21:26.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Been into town

Even worse, been into the big shopping centre

God, I hate that place. But my MBA now has a new power supply that will presumably start falling to bits in a few years just like the old one.

After the horror, I managed to calm myself down before the walk back to the car by popping into Waterstones and spending twice the value of my Christmas gift card. The entrance is via an escalator by the main portal of the hellhole, so one slips away to the side of the wretched throng, goes through a small entrance, is carried downwards and then steps out into a lovely peaceful place filled with books. It's a wonderful antidote to the horrors of naked consumerism
            Its a horrible entrance to Waterstones - right near the main doors. But once you take the escalator downstairs its all a distant memory.

One bonus is that it brings you out on the ground floor and quite near the Greggs

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              Its a horrible entrance to Waterstones - right near the main doors. But once you take the escalator downstairs its all a distant memory.

One bonus is that it brings you out on the ground floor and quite near the Greggs
              Yes, it was a good idea not to have an escalator going back up, so there's no risk of accidentally wandering back inside again

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Easiest dinner I've cooked in a while, haggis is stealing in the oven accompanies by neeps and tatties dauphinoise.
                And very nice it was too!
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Stone me, I've got the most tremendous wind.

Must be the broccoli and peas that went with lunch.

^Put that light out before you kill us all.

Tea was a most curious combination of tuna pasta bake and some vegetarian kievs wot I bought for no readily apparent reason.

They were rather nice.

However, since they've got beans in, the results with be remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Stone me, I've got the most tremendous wind.

Must be the broccoli and peas that went with lunch.

^Put that light out before you kill us all.

Tea was a most curious combination of tuna pasta bake and some vegetarian kievs wot I bought for no readily apparent reason.

They were rather nice.

However, since they've got beans in, the results with be remarkable.

I am similarly afflicted. Not sure whether it was the haggis or the neeps.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      And very nice it was too!
                      Burns Night Fry-up for me

It's like a normal fry-up, but cooked on Burns Night

Comment

Working...
                      X