• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    grr. Mrs Eek's car is dying rapidly (as she has ignored my hints for the past 8 months that it needs to be replaced).

She found a car she wants but thats now been sold and everything else is £2k more...
    Call yourself a contractor? Don't be such a tightwad.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      grr. Mrs Eek's car is dying rapidly (as she has ignored my hints for the past 8 months that it needs to be replaced).

She found a car she wants but thats now been sold and everything else is £2k more...
      Was it Pink?

And a Fiat 500?

Just asking like.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Call yourself a contractor? Don't be such a tightwad.
        If it was a car I liked I wouldn't care. The car she wanted is a petrol Mazda 5 which no one in the right minds seems to want to buy. All the ones online can be found when you hit google cache being up for sale back in early October at the same price. The retail and trade prices seem to differ by 5k on a £12k car (Forecourt price £12k, glass's says £10-11k, trade in £7-8k).

I don't mind paying £10k for a car knowing that as I drive it off the forecourt I lose £3k. I don't want to pay £12k knowing that its worth a mere £7k on trade in. I'm a contractor but I'm not an idiot...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Have another
          Looking back, things are rarely as bad as they seem. Hopefully whatever-it-is will resolve in a not too painful way.

Same feeling of helplessness with my mother at the moment - waiting for doctors to make decisions - I just want to know what is happening and when!

Still cavalry is on her way!
          Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!
          We all seem to be in the wars.

Playing the waiting game too as well, Mr N's op tomorrow and only time and intensive Physio will tell if he can get up and about again.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Playing the waiting game too as well, Mr N's op tomorrow and only time and intensive Physio will tell if he can get up and about again.
            Good luck to Mr N for tomorrow

Comment

At ClientCorp I have a laptop that sits in a docking station. As I never have any reason to take the laptop with me, I've put the key to unlock it from the docking station on the lanyard for my ID badge.

I've just noticed that the constant rubbing of the key on the badge has already half-obliterated eight letters of my name

With a bit of luck it'll be reduced to complete illegibility by the time I leave

Comment

Just realised that, when catching up on the news, I now look at the BBC News "latest" ticker, then switch to Twitter to find out what the real latest news is

Comment

I think I might spend the afternoon updating my CV and then hopefully my linkedin profile

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

<-Lizardly no s

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Good luck to Mr N for tomorrow
                    WNFS

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      <-Lizardly no s

WNFS
                      what they both said!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X