• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Afternoon all

Quiet in here today. Are we all recovering from the shock of being back in the office? Norrahe and 5* excepted of course.
    Well I've got my office to 20 deg C from 10.8 deg C.

It's taken all day, mind.

Tempted to leave the heater on all night coz it's thermostatically controlled, but I suppose I'd better turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
      I went to the tip / recycling centre yesterday and had to spend 15 minutes in a queue just to get in to the place - I've never seen more than two or three cars there at the same time before. Must have been everyone throwing away what was left of Christmas. Out with the old!

I wouldn't have minded so much but I only have to go there because some twunks up the street keep nicking my bins from the alley - I used to have four bins and the only one I have left now is the green one. So I collect all my rubbish and take it down to the tip once a fortnight. On the plus side, that means I get rid of it quicker than if I put it in the bin and wait for them to collect it!
      Used to have that at the first house, last one out got the mankiest bins.

Engrave your bins with property name/number and Postcode - I use a drill with a metal carving attachment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ROTARY-Plast.../dp/B00IPL0NM6

Not had one "mislaid" since.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        That's par for the course with them, especially if you get the call center on the sub continent. They're obsessive about following the script and don't acknowledge there's actually a fault until the set number of customers have called to report it. The UK call center seems to answer maybe 1 in 20 calls, but they're far better and do tend to take more appropriate action..
        As someone who used to be in comms engineering I've usually got a fair idea where the fault lies and I've always tried what they would regard as the local fix steps plus some more
        new house has phone underground so no pole for them to mess up - yay!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          New temporary desk position is in a corridor overlooked by the world - this is severely compromising my ability to post on CUK!
          PM said, "Wow, you got through a lot of work today". I do feel just a tad embarrassed.

Comment

Made it home at 6 this evening

And that included stopping at the chemist's on the way. I suspect a number of people who work in Nottingham have taken this Monday off, as I was also able to get a space on the second floor of the car park without even trying.

However, I particularly wanted to get home at a reasonable time today, as I've got to go to the nurse at the GP's at 7:15 in the morning to have blood drawn, for gouty purposes

This means I have to fast, and like an idiot I forgot to ask them how long for - sometimes it's only eight hours. But to be on the safe side, I'm having to assume 12 hours, which means I need to have my dinner in the next three-quarters of an hour

Some old casserole out of the freezer, reheated, my way comes

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              PM said, "Wow, you got through a lot of work today". I do feel just a tad embarrassed.
              Tell them you're feeling bright and refreshed after the festive break, but they'll soon have broken you down to a barely sensate wreck again

Comment

Bah! New debit card from the bank has arrived, as the old one expires this month, and it has a different number! The old one was much easier to remember than this one
                Last edited by NickFitz; 5 January 2015, 19:27. Reason: Sodding autocorrect. Spires?!

Comment

Taking the Eek approach to hotels this week, as I'm only away one night and it was an early start booked into the cheapo Days Inn at the motorway service station, incredibly cheap and surprisingly cheerful
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

If it gets seriously snowy, I might spend a night or more at the Premier Inn a couple of hundred yards away from ClientCorp. Not that it's amazing or anything (I stayed there, as did the Craniums, when we had Nottingham drinks with Cojak the other year, and it's one of the less interesting PIs), but I just fancy the idea of walking through the snow to the Trip to Jerusalem for a pint in the evening - it's only down the road

Comment

Stek is in Technical asking for a Chat feature...
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X