• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Wide awake here and bored.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Just been looking at where I used to get my beef and lam from and comparing the prices to what I pay in froggers, all I can say is when I look at what I'm paying over here and the worse thing is the stuff in blighty was way better quality.
        This guy is seriously good and not bad value at all. The biggest issue is the queues are ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          This guy is seriously good and not bad value at all. The biggest issue is the queues are ridiculous.
          Am well jealous, as well as being expensive my butcher doesn't age the meat and although he often gets the meat locally I do have to double check where it's from.

I miss being able to see my meat running around the field and knowing exactly where its come from.

Been looking at cook books on amazon, my wish list is getting bigger again. Was quite restrained in froggers and only bought 6.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I did find these guys, but they're fecking miles away, I did buy some sirloin off them at the BGE members day and it was pretty nice.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Well I'm off to bed

Fully expect to be awakened at silly hours by NorPussII who despite being told does not recognise my wish for a lie in.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Has anyone been to this place in Leeds, friends of ham
                Someone I've never met was speaking quite highly of it on Twitter a few months ago, if that helps

Comment

NOM!

Hope you kept the fat back to make lovely roast spuds.

Did see some awesome pultry in froggers, puts the fare available in cloggers to shame.

Used to go to Franklins in Bedfordshire for game and chickens, at least you could get a decent sized one there and they tasted lovely.
                  Yes, plenty of duck fat in the fridge

Franklins looks good. I used to go riding around that stretch of country when I was a kid, out of stables in Northill, near Ickwell Green.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Someone I've never met was speaking quite highly of it on Twitter a few months ago, if that helps
                      I've wandered past it on the way to the Brewery Tap not that that really helps.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X