• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a blister under a callous. Having anaethsetised with red wine, I'm about to attack with a needle (or more accurately a safety pin, coz I can't find a needle).

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Grub club homework

Useful Danish phrases

For Bunk and his 1000s:

Denne herre betaler for alt.
      Sounds almost the same in Danish as in Dutch.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Nice wine-related pali!
        I had a hot chocolate instead with squirty cream and marshmallows.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Grub club homework

Useful Danish phrases

For Bunk and his 1000s:

Denne herre betaler for alt.
          I just checked the link, I can get away with speaking Dutch, the phrases are pretty similar. Must remember to say Tak instead of Bedankt. Tnh they all speak pretty good English anyway, so you don't need to worry.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Norrahe's in charge of wine. I don't think we'll run out.
            I'm not bringing my froggy stash. It's mine, all mine I tell you.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Got a blister under a callous. Having anaethsetised with red wine, I'm about to attack with a needle (or more accurately a safety pin, coz I can't find a needle).
              Which is why I don't run anymore. Well that, and also my joints are knackered after 15 years of competitive sports.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Looks like it's going to be pretty cold in Copenhagen
                Not really , no more than it is at the moment.

Thunderstorms abound here, hail, heavy rain and Mr N made me put the heating on this evening, girly wuss.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I was planning to leave the house tomorrow and go to the market in town, apparently its going to be even wetter and windier tomorrow, if that's at all possible.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    I just checked the link, I can get away with speaking Dutch, the phrases are pretty similar. Must remember to say Tak instead of Bedankt. Tnh they all speak pretty good English anyway, so you don't need to worry.
                    The words look familiar, but when you play the pronunciations, they're pretty incomprehensible.

Tak is the only word I remember from my last visit to Denmark, in circa 1983. That, and a plague of ladybirds (literally, they were swarming).

Did I tell you about my last visit?

I was forced into a reluctant romance with a boy from Essex called Russell, whose mother was a telephone operator, so, despite me refusing to give him my number, got it anyway. His mother spoke to my mother and invited me to stay for the weekend. My mother accepted. It was hell. We went to the cinema and every time he tried to put his arm round me I made an excuse. "I need the toilet". "I need a Mars Bar..."
                    There was a very cute guy on the same holiday called Will. Now if it had been him...

Actually, I might see if I can find Russell on facebook. Hopefully he found a nicer girl who liked him back.

Comment

It's bitterly cold here tonight. And the wind cuts right through you

Comment

Working...
                      X