• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Just been out and managed to pick up a bird!

And even though I know we will probably have more than enough, some additional chipolatas and smoked streaky bacon because, well, you know, I might want thirds someone extra might come for lunch
    What are you cooking on xmas day and will you be breaking open the egg?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Afternoon

The fridge is stocked with food
      The other fridge is stocked with booze

I just wish I felt a bit better to enjoy a glass
      Fullers IPA, last bottle though
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        What are you cooking on xmas day and will you be breaking open the egg?
        Turkey crown marinaded in Mrs P's special brew. I did consider egging it but it's too high risk for a first attempt since there's no plan b. hmmm, I suppose I could do the bacon wrapped sausage on it.

Did you get everything sorted?

Comment

Just have one or two items to get.

Need to make the meringues for Mr N's Bombe, it's a lot less hassle than trying to buy them in the shops.

And shock horror! I finally found a cream that whips here!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Turkey crown marinaded in Mrs P's special brew. I did consider egging it but it's too high risk for a first attempt since there's no plan b. hmmm, I suppose I could do the bacon wrapped sausage on it.

Did you get everything sorted?
            Hopefully Cote de Boeuf should be turning up this evening

Why not do the crown in the egg? All you need to do is monitor the core temp.

I just have to remember not to burn myself when cooking the steak ( forgot to "burp" the egg the last time).

Going retro with prawn cocktail starters but with langoustines and brown shrimp, sauce with home made ketchup and mayo.

Need to work out what I want for dessert, but since I'm not a dessert fan, I think the cheese board will suffice.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Is egg nog a bad idea?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Afternoon all

Couple of things to get on the way home and that's me sorted for Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Afternoon all

Couple of things to get on the way home and that's me sorted for Christmas.

What you up to for xmas?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

paid £30 for one of these and it was rock solid and had 3GB included.

Buy EE Buzzard Pay As You Go In-Car WiFi | Free Delivery | Currys

£20 for 2GB.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      That's more than I ever achieved with that Vodafone piece of tulipe.
                      It's back to dropping the connection every few minutes now

Comment

Working...
                      X