• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Tonight's chilli has been bubbling away for about an hour and a half and is now at the point where everything has broken down and it's gone dark in colour (I add a bottle of guinness or brains dark). The dog is passed out 'paws up' in front of the fire. Mrs P is due home in the next ten mins. Just opened a bottle of kiwi pinot noir....

My work here is done.

Enjoy your evening folks!
    Enjoy!

Comment

Tonight's chilli has been bubbling away for about an hour and a half and is now at the point where everything has broken down and it's gone dark in colour (I add a bottle of guinness or brains dark). The dog is passed out 'paws up' in front of the fire. Mrs P is due home in the next ten mins. Just opened a bottle of kiwi pinot noir....

My work here is done.

Enjoy your evening folks!
      So what time are we all expected then?

I'd open another bottle, just the one won't be enough if we all turn up.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I'm trying to avoid delving into the Christmas stash so if you do turn up BYOB.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Broadband seems to be back up
          It's down again

Though, to be fair, the service status site does say they're still working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            It's down again

Though, to be fair, the service status site does say they're still working on it.
            Up again

I suspect it'll carry on doing this up/down thing for some time…

Ah, while I was writing this it's gone down again

Comment

I'm trying to avoid delving into the Christmas stash so if you do turn up BYOB.
              Cheapskate

What did you buy in the end?
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Am a tad worried about xmas dinner.

Put the order in yesterday and was expecting an it's been sent e-mail today and got none back, normally they'r pretty quick.

Have sent an e-mail querying the order as it's supposed to be net day which should mean summat will turn up tomorrow.

Hmmm, may need to come up with an xmas plan b.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

However will be scoring the starter tomorrow. Going retro with some prawn cocktail, need to see if the fishmonger has got anything interesting in.

Dessert is still up for grabs.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    However will be scoring the starter tomorrow. Going retro with some prawn cocktail, need to see if the fishmonger has got anything interesting in.

Dessert is still up for grabs.
                    Mr ms bought the brie. Tesco didn't have thermometers though.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Mr ms bought the brie. Tesco didn't have thermometers though.
                      Do the bread test thingy, but best to use summat like rapeseed oil as it has a higher burn point and once the pot is up to temp take it off for a minute so it doesn't get too hot.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X