• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Reminder to self: stop going on Amazon until you've read all the books and watched all the DVDs that are currently stacked up all over the flat

(Managed to keep it to two books and three DVDs this time, so not as bad as it can be.)
    I'm the same, have just cleared my wish list.

Mr N did buy me a kindle voyage so need to send him a list of books to download for me.

I will still be buying real books , but only in cookbook format.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      I'm the same, have just cleared my wish list.

Mr N did buy me a kindle voyage so need to send him a list of books to download for me.

I will still be buying real books , but only in cookbook format.
      is the voyage any good? I will treat myself if it is and give Mrs eek the paperwhite
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Well, having spent 40 minutes reading about the pros & cons of washing machines, I think I'll do sommat more useful.
        This turned out to be inflating the tyres on two cars, starting the ZeitFiat, then starting the ZeitCorolla (which hasn't been started for a while, a while being a couple of months, thankfully the ZeitBatteryCharger keeps the battery of said Corolla nicely topped up & warm).

Then I did some gardening.

Picked the last of the tomatoes, cut down the remaining tomato plants, turfed the compost out of the grow bags onto the soil in the greenhouse, removed the canes.

Then in a fit of insanity, started hacking away at the multitudes of brambles that seem to have some sort of jungle ambition.

Knackered now.

TCP all over arms due to scratches left by aforementioned brambles.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          is the voyage any good? I will treat myself if it is and give Mrs eek the paperwhite
          I have no idea yet as I need to get some books on it.

It seems nice and light and am waiting for the cover to turn up, easy to use.

Will be good to see how the adjustable lighting works on it.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Had scrambled egg on toast for tea.

It was oddly tasteless.

Despite me going overboard with salt & pepper.

Ho hum.

Comment

Just about time to bugger off to see ZeitMater & ZeitPater.

I wonder what I'll find this evening.

Comment

Cable broadband's up the creek. Been up and down for the past hour or so, now it seems to have gone and Virgin Media's status site (which previously just said phones and TV were affected) now admits it's knackered and an engineer has apparently been dispatched

Just hope their estimated fix time of about half three in the morning is wildly pessimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Just about time to bugger off to see ZeitMater & ZeitPater.

I wonder what I'll find this evening.
                  I spent part of my afternoon rubbing antihistamine cream into mother's arse cheek after she developed a nasty itchy allergy to the antibiotics. She's now on different ones which has meant minor surgery involving nail scissors and sellotape on the prepackaged prescription boxes from Boots (other pharmacies are available).

Cystoscopy was clear though which is good news - and the doc gave me a guided tour (with commentary) of the inside of her bladder which was quite interesting - pics were very clear. Ultrasound for the kidneys tomorrow. More festive fun.

Comment

Broadband seems to be back up

Comment

Tonight's chilli has been bubbling away for about an hour and a half and is now at the point where everything has broken down and it's gone dark in colour (I add a bottle of guinness or brains dark). The dog is passed out 'paws up' in front of the fire. Mrs P is due home in the next ten mins. Just opened a bottle of kiwi pinot noir....

My work here is done.

Enjoy your evening folks!

Comment

Working...
                      X