• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    MrsB bought me an advent calendar.

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I thought Advent calendars had to be opened at breakfast..
    If I started opening this one at breakfast I'd be in trouble.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      If I started opening this one at breakfast I'd be in trouble.
      Why do you think I mentioned the rule

In other news <----
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Why do you think I mentioned the rule

In other news <----
        Lot of it about

The dev server I'm supposed to be prodding with an HTTP-shaped stick is down, and it seems it's unlikely to be up again until somebody in the US gets to work. So I'm reading RFC7230 - RFC7237, which are the updated versions of various bits of the original HTTP/1.1 spec.

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 10 August 2016, 17:24.

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 10 August 2016, 17:24.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              I've been investigating how many more companies I've been interviewed at have bitten the dust.

Found another couple this morning.

And I've been tracking people on Linkedin.

One of my ex-bosses is now working in China.

Rather him than me, makes a change from Cwmbran, mind you.
              Just been chatting to a mate at client co from a business unit that's being shut down. Most of the onsite engineers have been relocated. to IRAQ!!! WTF!

Fly in to airforce base. Flak jacket and amoured convoy to compound. month on, month off.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Just been chatting to a mate at client co from a business unit that's being shut down. Most of the onsite engineers have been relocated. to IRAQ!!! WTF!

Fly in to airforce base. Flak jacket and amoured convoy to compound. month on, month off.
                They think that's bad, they should try driving into Nottingham city centre of a morning

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  They think that's bad, they should try driving into Nottingham city centre of a morning
                  Steady on there NF. These are permies so HR would never allow it.

Comment

As a citizen of Nottingham I resemble that remark.

Anyway it could be worse: driving into Derby *shudder*

Comment

RFC7230 - RFC7237, which are the updated versions of various bits of the original HTTP/1.1 spec.
                      Correction: RFC7230 - RFC7235: https://www.mnot.net/blog/2014/06/07/rfc2616_is_dead

Comment

Working...
                      X