• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

Having contemplated my various journeys to ClientCorp, it's become obvious that leaving any time between 7:40 and 8:10 results in me arriving at the same time, to within a couple of minutes. Leaving early just means encountering a queue of traffic further out in the countryside.

So I'm not going to bother leaving earlier than 8:00 unless it's something like 7:20, when there's a chance of it actually making a difference
    I was having this conversation onsite yesterday, a large contingent of people got in at 7:00, the logic is if you are in a hotel why not just come in early, my argument was if I am in a hotel I pick one as close to the site as possible to have as long in bed as possible meaning I am working as late as possible so not stuck in a hotel as long as possible on an evening, but I guess its different if you are not staying over
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I was having this conversation onsite yesterday, a large contingent of people got in at 7:00, the logic is if you are in a hotel why not just come in early, my argument was if I am in a hotel I pick one as close to the site as possible to have as long in bed as possible meaning I am working as late as possible so not stuck in a hotel as long as possible on an evening, but I guess its different if you are not staying over
      Yes, "staying over" is key. If I'm away from home, I'd sooner have a lie in and work until 7 or even 8 in the evening, then head off for a bite to eat and a quiet evening in the pub, finally getting back to the hotel in time to listen to the Shipping Forecast before doing it all over again.

The Holy Grail is when extra time in the evening allows for a late arrival on Monday and early departure on Friday

Comment

The Holy Grail is when extra time in the evening allows for a late arrival on Tuesdat and early departure on Thursday
        FTFY as I am clock watching to a half threeish finish today
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

No post for nearly three hours?

*taps TPD*

Is this thing on?

Comment

*taps TPD*

Is this thing on?
            Nope! It's become so long it's crashed CUK...

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              Nope! It's become so long it's crashed CUK...
              That actually happened in 2009

It was only at about 128,000 then…

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Morning all

Grey, damp and foggy here.

And thats just my mental state.
                Sounds like Mr N on his current pain killers
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

First Ebola, now the Plague.

WHO | Plague ? Madagascar
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

*taps TPD*

Is this thing on?
                    I went back to bed, sorry.

Normal service will resume shortly.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      I went back to bed, sorry.

Normal service will resume shortly.
                      Mr N's painkillers really are working then
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X