• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I harvested the madame jeanette scotch bonnets from my plant.

Feck me they're hot

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      About 25 mins outside of Leicester.

I'd be up for a beer but it depends on whether I stay on the bench. If I buckle and return to ex-clientco then I'll be swopping East Mids for Wiltshire
      Bit further out than that, about 50-60 mins NE from Leicester, but that's by car, which defeats the point of beer. Trains are no hope from here. Minimum two and a half hours each way and last train home would be at 20:00.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        Not yet - the contract is sitting on the printer waiting for me to sign so I can return to ex-clientco. However hopeful direct-client is letting me know today whether I have a sniff.

If its a fat no then I will be packing my bags and heading back tomorrow morning
        So, any news from direct client yet?
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Not quite
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Bacon curing in the fridge.

Cut the skin off and made crackling with that. NOM!
            Last edited by norrahe; 10 November 2014, 16:33.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Just applied for a gig on jobswerve, and the pimp was on the phone within a minute of me pressing the send button.

Note to pimp, if certain experience is mandatory for the role, don't put it down as nice to have!

Back to polishing!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

This week's blog entry is up.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Home again!

And knackered

Although the cold's vastly better than it was on Saturday, it's still getting to me. Ah well, it'll be even better tomorrow. By the end of the week I may even feel capable of going for a pint

Comment

I asked the NewClientCorp chap what the desired working hours are.

"Oh, pretty flexible," he said. "I like my team to be here between nine and four, so you could start at eight and leave at four, or start at nine and leave at five - it's up to you, really!"

I wanted to grab him by the shoulders and shake him, shouting "THAT'S NOT FLEXIBLE! Ten to six! I like to work ten to six!"

But it seemed a bit imprudent on the first morning

Comment

(I know, D&C, yada, yada, yada. Wotever.)

Comment

Working...
                      X