• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now I think I'll watch the remainder of last night's ep of CSI.

It's the end (I hope) of an arc.

Fingers & claws crossed.

I get bored with arcs.

Thankfully we had the end of another arc on NCIS last Friday.

Which means they'll have to dream up a new one for the rest of the season.

I still miss Ziva.

Who appears to have a very complicated sort of family, all in all.

Comment

Got distracted trying to fix a Dyson DC01 vacuum cleaner that's been sitting around unused for twelve years, on account of it having failed to pick up any dirt when used

Managed to get a load of crud out of various bits of it - it's quite easy to disassemble. Upon starting it up, a distinct smell of burning dust immediately came forth, and wisps of smoke started coming from the vent above the engine

Turned it off and took some bits off again, checked I'd got the belt and roller on properly in case that was sticking or something, and left it for a while to see if it burst into flames. Having reassembled it, everything that ought to move seemed to be moveable, so I gave it another go. After a few seconds there was a burning smell again, but no smoke; and the roller was working fine. Also, it seemed to be sucking a good bit better, though still not as well as I'd expect.

Left it for any more smouldering to die down, and removed the first filter. Turns out that was seriously blocked, so I've given it a rinse. It'll probably need to be left overnight to dry out though, so unless I come across a spare one which I suspect is somewhere around the place, I won't be able to give it another go until tomorrow.

It's a De Stijl one, i.e. it's in brightly coloured plastic, which is fairly rare. Apparently there are such things as vacuum cleaner collectors, and one of these in working order with all its tools can go for between £50 and £75 on Ebay

Comment

Cycled to Channel Tunnel today - and back! I made a conscious effort to take more calories on board.

Eating fish and chips now.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Cycled to Channel Tunnel today - and back! I made a conscious effort to take more calories on board.

Eating fish and chips now.
          Ah grease. The perfect thing.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Quiet round these parts today.

Comment

Oh dear, I just found myself tutting at this week's parkrun report that commented on someone's 'symmetrical PB' of 28:28. I only just managed to refrain from commenting. I really need to get a life.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Quiet round these parts today.
                It has been, rather

Comment

I am going to have a beer (or more) while watching a bit of Breaking Bad, I think

Comment

Wine is gone and I've moved onto the last bit of the Southern Comfort.

Comment

Went shopping.

Bought 1 bottle Old Peculiar (all they had in Tesco Neath Abbey).

1 bottle Reverend James.

1 bottle 6X.

1 bottle Directors*.

* which is now empty.

Mowed 5 lawns and raked stuff out of one.

Only vacced the one house today, which is a tad remiss.

Watched yesterday's CSI. The arc has not ended.

Watched Longmire. Rather good in its way.

Watched an ep of Bones from last week and an ancient ep of NCIS on 5+24, which I've seen several times before. It's the one where they bury Mike Franks.

Comment

Working...
                      X