• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Afternoon denizens

I have, as foreseen, got a cold. An absolute stinker, too; as if the last four years of not having colds are being made up for in one go

To add to the fun, I went to the chemist to buy the only stuff that's ever made me feel any better when I've got a cold, only to be told I can't have it because of my heart meds

Going back to bed
    You went to the chemist, you should have gone to Greggs.

Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      I'd go with the spicy and tasty option.
      It's most likely going to be chicken curry. nom nom.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

The chemist is next-door-but-two to Greggs. I walked past Greggs there and back, and didn't go in. That's how wretched I feel

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

WHS

Make yourself a hot toddy, that will sort you out.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I was going to cook, but feel like having a day off.

Got some nice pates in the market and from the butcher, some beers in the fridge and the rugby on the tv!
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

TIL: Wilkinsons started as a small shop in Leicester, in the 1930s.

I went for an interview at their head office near Worksop a few years ago, but they dragged their heels, and by the time they finally decided they wanted to hire me I was ensconced in a gig in Clerkenwell.

Ho hum

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                TIL: Wilkinsons started as a small shop in Leicester, in the 1930s.

I went for an interview at their head office near Worksop a few years ago, but they dragged their heels, and by the time they finally decided they wanted to hire me I was ensconced in a gig in Clerkenwell.

Ho hum
                Apparently they've officially changed their name to Wilko now, rather than just using that as an own-brand name. That must be why the sign was being replaced when I went past on the way to the chippy a while back.

Comment

Making some Thai stock this evening ( involves chucking various thai veg and herbs into a pot and adding water), this will make some spicy pumpkin soup tomorrow as I had excess pumpkin puree left over from the pie.

Also recommend this if you have a bad cold, it does clear the sinuses. You don't need pumpkin purée, but can make a hot and sour soup the same way.

Just bring to the boil the various veg and herbs ( onions, garlic, chillies, coriander, stalks, ginger, lemongrass, lime leaves, quartered tomatoes and quartered mushrooms), simmer for an hour or so and then turn off and leave to infuse over night.

You can leave the veg in or remove and then add, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and more chilli, you need to get hot, sour, salt and sweet flavours from the soup. I normally add some prawns or you can add chicken, you can also add coconut milk.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Need to make some brine for my salt beef, will do that tomorrow and then also make the salt cure for the streaky bacon.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Hmmm, blocked drain valve meant it took ages draining the wort off and getting in for final boil.

Now boiling with the Magnum boil hops. 45 mins to go then last 15 mins add the final hops and Irish moss then the chiller cooling coil. Then add yeast and I'll be dry hopping this brew as well.

Hopefully the OG will be around 1.070.

Fingers crossed for super hoppy IPA at 7.2%!! All for the bargain bucket price of 70p/pint!

GF#1 not in yet but we'll order in wood fired pizzas as I can't be arsed to cook.
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X