• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all

I've been out in the garden again today. This time was painting fence panels. However I've had to stop for the day as its getting a bit colder and its taking a bit longer to dry.

I'm hoping to have another go at them tomorrow, plus I have a new lock to fit to one of the sheds.

Comment

They're demolishing another pub in Neath.

The Royal Exchange, Melin, Neath, is no more.

It still lives on streetview though.

And here: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2283321

Same goes for The Star Inn, Penydre, Neath.

Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dayoff171/2462222406/

That still lives on streetview too.

Gone, but not forgotten.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 4 November 2014, 15:42.

Comment

Just acquired a nice little olympus audio recorder thingie.

I wonder if my colleague realises he was being recorded.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          They're demolishing another pub in Neath.

The Royal Exchange, Melin, Neath, is no more.

It still lives on streetview though.

And here: The Royal Exchange Inn, Neath (C) Jaggery :: Geograph Britain and Ireland

Same goes for The Star Inn, Penydre, Neath.

Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dayoff171/2462222406/

That still lives on streetview too.

Gone, but not forgotten.
          Loads of my favourite pubs have been knocked down

Still, they keep on opening wretched "bars" where townie oiks can glass each other on Saturday night, so that's all right

Comment

Had to put the fire on

It was when I realised I was on the verge of losing feeling in my toes that I decided this would be a good idea.

Comment

Grub club pics and more recipes up today on the blog.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Loads of my favourite pubs have been knocked down

Still, they keep on opening wretched "bars" where townie oiks can glass each other on Saturday night, so that's all right
                I do remember a place in Swansea that I used to go to with some excellent ale.

Can't remember the name but it was on a very steep hill street and they had a dartboard.

Didn't really have any decent local pubs when I lived in numptonshire, mate ran a pub briefly and the beer was passable. I do miss the ale occasionally.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Had to put the fire on

It was when I realised I was on the verge of losing feeling in my toes that I decided this would be a good idea.
                  Need to find somewhere where I can order wood for the fire, previous owners left some when they moved but there's not much left.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Byeeeee

Another day, another dollar or groat.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      I do remember a place in Swansea that I used to go to with some excellent ale.

Can't remember the name but it was on a very steep hill street and they had a dartboard.
                      Doesn't narrow it down a lot.

The Mountain Dew perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                      X