• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Inbound, flew in from Nova Scotia overnight, and has been at LHR this morning. Just got word he's on the plane.

Tidy.

I'm flying back to UK via AMS today. That Icelandic volcano better calm the fck down!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Tidy.

I'm flying back to UK via AMS today. That Icelandic volcano better calm the fck down!
      Wave when you fly out, the flight path goes past my house.

Thankfully we only hear the planes when the wind is in a certain direction
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Bored now...
        Join IPSE

Comment

Took some crap out to the recycling bin. Back yard was dry as I opened the door. The moment I stepped outside, moisture began to descend, turning into continuous light drizzle that had me nice and soggy by the time I'd made it to where the bins live

Back inside, so it's stopped now.

Comment

Apparently the Python dev community, reacting against Perl's principle that "There's more than one way to do it", adopted the general principle that "There's only one way to do it".

So why, when seeking efficient approaches to parsing large XML files into an object model in Python, am I presented with about half-a-dozen ways to do it, each boasting its own putative superiority over the others?

I'm going to stick with SAX, as that's what I'm familiar with on other platforms

Comment

Just jogged/staggered/crawled back down to the MOT station.

I'm amazed I didn't have a hearts attack.

Good news: 1 freshly minted MOT.

Bad(ish) news: £100 in freshly minted £20 notes. (Actually a bargain since it meant I didn't have to crawl under the car myself. ).

Just discovered that Ctrl-z works in the browser window.

Also the cooker hood does a reasonably job of extracting the pong of cooking fish.

It's not installed properly, just hanging on a couple of screws, with the power coming from an extension lead plugged into the spare socket of the cooker point.

Comment

It drizzled on me during my jog.

Just as well.

It washed some of the sweat away.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  It drizzled on me during my jog.

Just as well.

It washed some of the sweat away.
                  Drizzle is quite nice when jogging.

Comment

Just jogged/staggered/crawled back down to the MOT station.

I'm amazed I didn't have a hearts attack.

Good news: 1 freshly minted MOT.

Bad(ish) news: £100 in freshly minted £20 notes. (Actually a bargain since it meant I didn't have to crawl under the car myself. ).
                    ZeitMobile Rides again

Just discovered that Ctrl-z works in the browser window.
                    It's invaluable, that

Also the cooker hood does a reasonably job of extracting the pong of cooking fish.

It's not installed properly, just hanging on a couple of screws, with the power coming from an extension lead plugged into the spare socket of the cooker point.

Comment

Got the fundamentals of my Python XML parsing stuff working, via some weird and wonderful techniques involving generators and coroutines

<- me trying to understand how it works.

I suppose, now that's sorted, I'll have to write the actual application it's intended for

Comment

Working...
                      X