• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Got the fundamentals of my Python XML parsing stuff working, via some weird and wonderful techniques involving generators and coroutines

<- me trying to understand how it works.

I suppose, now that's sorted, I'll have to write the actual application it's intended for
    isn't it pub time tho ?
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
      isn't it pub time tho ?
      Can't be bothered tonight

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Also the cooker hood does a reasonably job of extracting the pong of cooking fish.

It's not installed properly, just hanging on a couple of screws, with the power coming from an extension lead plugged into the spare socket of the cooker point.
        It will stay like that for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          It drizzled on me during my jog.

Just as well.

It washed some of the sweat away.
          My feet hurt.

My legs hurt.

Even more than usual.

And I'm knackered.

Comment

End of an era: Yahoo drops development of YUI Important Announcement Regarding YUI | Yahoo Engineering

It was contributing to YUI that landed me my gig at Yahoo Europe in 2007. Mind, I've scarcely used it since then

Comment

It was contributing to YUI that landed me my gig at Yahoo Europe in 2007. Mind, I've scarcely used it since then
              And now I come to think of it, I signed up to CUK because of that gig, to seek advice about contracting directly with a client rather than through an agency. Most of my posts to TPD back then were made from Yahoo's offices on Shaftesbury Avenue. So I got that out of it too

And my immediately-following gig at Capital Radio on Leicester Square came from a manager who was leaving Yahoo to go there.

So, all in all, I didn't do too badly out of it.

Comment

And now I come to think of it, I signed up to CUK because of that gig, to seek advice about contracting directly with a client rather than through an agency. Most of my posts to TPD back then were made from Yahoo's offices on Shaftesbury Avenue. So I got that out of it too

And my immediately-following gig at Capital Radio on Leicester Square came from a manager who was leaving Yahoo to go there.

So, all in all, I didn't do too badly out of it.
                Join IPSE

Comment

Wish I had luck like that!
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                    Wish I had luck like that!
                    It's been steadily downhill since then

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...