• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Isn't that the plot of the Beiderbecke Affair?
    Dunno - I never saw it

I did, however, recently purchase the Beiderbecke Trilogy on DVD in order to make up this glaring deficiency, so I'll find out when I get around to watching it

Comment

10 buckets of apples dumped in the compost heap.

The prospective lawn firmed over a bit.

Knackered now.

Comment

Fecking marvellous.

ZeitPater has managed to fall off the toilet.

Fortunately he's ok.

The signal in this area is now so poor that the batphone only rang when I went upstairs next door.

Thanks again, Orange you useless *****.

Comment

Still no rain, but it's clouded over and cooled down a bit, which is a start

Comment

Fecking marvellous.

Fortunately he's ok.

The signal in this area is now so poor that the batphone only rang when I went upstairs next door.

On the plus side, he's somewhere where there was someone who would a) Keep an eye on him / find him and b) be capable of doing something about it when they did.

You'll get used to it. What you will find as time goes on is that there was a lot more of this kind of thing happening than you were aware of, because the care home are obliged to tell you every time something like this happens whether or not it resulted in injury.

We get one or two calls a week about GMIL falling or having some kind of minor incident. She's usually forgotten about it by the tome we next get to see her. We know more about where a particular bruise came from than she does.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Still no rain, but it's clouded over and cooled down a bit, which is a start

It's almost pleasant here now.

Well, temperaturewise any way. :

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              On the plus side, he's somewhere where there was someone who would a) Keep an eye on him / find him and b) be capable of doing something about it when they did.

You'll get used to it. What you will find as time goes on is that there was a lot more of this kind of thing happening than you were aware of, because the care home are obliged to tell you every time something like this happens whether or not it resulted in injury.

We get one or two calls a week about GMIL falling or having some kind of minor incident. She's usually forgotten about it by the tome we next get to see her. We know more about where a particular bruise came from than she does.
              Trouble is I'm getting allergic to the batphone ringing coz it's never good news.

Ho hum.

Comment

Fecking marvellous.

Fortunately he's ok.

WDBS

Comment

Dunno - I never saw it

I did, however, recently purchase the Beiderbecke Trilogy on DVD in order to make up this glaring deficiency, so I'll find out when I get around to watching it
                  I bought a copy from a charity shoppe.

I hope it's as good as I remember it being.

Comment

WDBS
                    Thanks.

Comment

Night all.

Only 4 days of tedium this week since I'm off from Friday until September.

Comment

Working...
                      X