• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Got a heads up that someone is leaving at ex-clientco (thankfully in a team with a manager that isn't a complete loon), have pinged the manager a "happy new year" e-mail and dropped vague hints as to my availability.

You never know!
    Worth a shot

Comment

Finally got Internet access on my ClientCorp laptop. Just checked, and CUK isn't blacklisted

(Posted from my MBA anyway, as there's no need to let their firewall logs know what I'm up to )

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Worth a shot
        Also asked my mate to drop hints. Contractor who's left is based in blighty but that's not to say stuff can be managed over here as most of their PMs are NL based.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

That's the first standup of ClientCorp's new "Agile" regime survived

I'm quite impressed at the way the business world has adopted the Agile methodology and successfully converted it into a rigidly structured process that exhibits virtually no agility whatsoever and ensures control remains within numerous layers of middle management, while still giving the impression of allowing for agility
          The government adopted agile years ago. As a means of ensuring their last minute fundamental changes are included in the next release...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

That's the first standup of ClientCorp's new "Agile" regime survived

I'm quite impressed at the way the business world has adopted the Agile methodology and successfully converted it into a rigidly structured process that exhibits virtually no agility whatsoever and ensures control remains within numerous layers of middle management, while still giving the impression of allowing for agility
            Our record for a standup here is 45 minutes

It's the most meeting-heavy agile project I've ever seen. And they still think agile means they don't ever need to define requirements

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all! Still in a good amount of discomfort after having my toenail removed

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Our record for a standup here is 45 minutes

It's the most meeting-heavy agile project I've ever seen. And they still think agile means they don't ever need to define requirements
                  To be fair, they're not doing it too badly here. But it's hard to change a corporate culture that's been wholly waterfall-centric for years overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    Morning all! Still in a good amount of discomfort after having my toenail removed

Comment

An old permie company has contacted me about whether I'd be interested in a position they have

Comment

Working...
                      X