• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason the powers that be decided to upgrade memory during working hours.

Three of our four vm servers (including the live db) haven't reappeared.

Seems the guy switched the box back on (without actually upgrading the memory - they'd bought the wrong stuff) and buggered off home. He seems a little surprised that stuff is broken.

Comment

Back in my hotel room with a brew.

I wonder what I shall have for tea ?

Comment

In hotel tonight. Sales demo with client b tomorrow. Not expecting much from the Toby carvery!
        Beer
        is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
          In hotel tonight. Sales demo with client b tomorrow. Not expecting much from the Toby carvery!
          I've opted for a ham sarnie on granary. I had a big lunch - plus I want to get back to my room to hopefully stream the football

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            For some reason the powers that be decided to upgrade memory during working hours.

Seems the guy switched the box back on (without actually upgrading the memory - they'd bought the wrong stuff) and buggered off home. He seems a little surprised that stuff is broken.
            WTF?!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Never been a big fan of clotted cream.
              Heathen!

I can eat it by the spoonful and have been known to commit minor acts of violence to ensure I get the crusty bit off the top
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I shall enjoy the WFH tomorrow then!
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

I shall enjoy the WFH tomorrow then!
                  They're back.

Comment

Wasted a couple of hours trying to get an open source library to do the one thing it's supposed to do. Works fine now, but the documentation is execrable.

I wish open sourcerers would work through their docs so they can fix the bits that are vague, or assume you already know something they haven't mentioned yet, or are just missing. I managed to get away with only having to look at a few source files, but I should be able to get the basics working without having to - this particular library is supposed to be a black box that makes the job easier by looking after all those implementation details. Instead, it's an exercise in frustration, and you end up having to dig through the details just to work out how the simple API it provides should be used.

Comment

Morning

Comment

Working...
                      X