• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got paid today - minted! Until the 1st when I pay my mortgage.

Comment

All the team are off until 11am today so its me against the trading floor.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Morning!

Still feeling full after the lovely meal last night.....mmmmmm....

Almost died this morning. Beautiful clear sky, black visor on so no problems but extremely slippery so took it easy, nice and smooth. Everything fine until I got to the main road that has that sideroads every 50 yards containing silos of school run mums.

Out of one rocketed one such school run mum, packed with her yapping warheads, facing the rising sun, never looked just drove out onto the main road right in front of me. I braked but bike just lost the back end. Never having been in a skid in a bike, I gently leant into the skid to opposite lock, bike went the other way but at least I was clear of her car but now heading into the oncoming side. More sliding, I honestly thought I was going to come off, the oncoming car had stopped and I slithered to a sideways halt in front of her.

Got off my bike and ranted and raved at the woman, who was now attempting to badly reverse back into the sideroad but mounted a pavement instead. All traffic stopped. Oncoming woman asked if I was ok and I nodded yes. Got back on the bike and got to work OK, a little shaken.

Quite impressed at the stability and uprightedness of the bike when it's sliding around under breaking.

Be careful out there - there's some people who should never have been allowed to pass their driving test. They will end up killing you.

I always assume that all the other people driving are either mind-numbingly incompetent, or actively trying to kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I always assume that all the other people driving are either mind-numbingly incompetent, or actively trying to kill me.
          Very wise.

I wonder if the dissector of human remains (ex) will have that in mind if he ever sees me driving towards him.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 26 February 2014, 09:56.

Comment

Morning all.

It was a lovely morning until 10 minutes ago when the deluge returned.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Which is why I would never ride a motorbike (that and my inability to balance while on one).
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

in other news

so so

<---
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Some bedtime viewing for you.
                  That was the essence of last week's episode of "Grimm".

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I got paid today - minted! Until the 1st when I pay my mortgage.
                    Are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?

Comment

Mmmm, just found this;

Pom-Pie is a company that makes delicious homemade pies.

Useful for those of us in cloggers.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X