• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Turned out magimix wasn't borked after all, a small piece of styrofoam wedged itself, stopping the bowl from connecting with the power. Shame we found out at the bleedin' shop
    Ouch

Comment

Shopping done. I also threw away all the out-of-date crap cluttering the fridge. Strangely, none of it was beer.

Comment

Mega windy out. The trees are getting very excited and waving their arms around, which of course just makes it worse

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Have duly purchased more p*rn aka bake ware, I can now finally after a two year hiatus bake stuff properly.

Not sure what to make......
          Bread. Nothing quite so satisfying.

Lemon Tart.

Scones. (Cheese and fruit)

Cheese Straws (So simple kids can do it but really, really good. Don't skimp on the cheese.)

Lemon Drizzle Cake

Victoria Sponge (It's a classic for a reason).

Pie. Doesn't matter what kind. Pie.

Fruit crumble (Rhubarb and Ginger for preference). Don't forget the custard.

That should keep you going for a bit.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Nearly complete with the Thai banquet. 40 mins behind expected time of delivery but GF#1 is pottering upstairs which is a bonus. Oh god, she's back downstairs..brb
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Mega windy out. The trees are getting very excited and waving their arms around, which of course just makes it worse
              May have to skip the club ride tomorrow morning. Unless they find a route that involves having the wind behind us all the way out and back.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Birthday tomorrow. Decided that I really should dye my faded, aged hair to give it a new lease of life - last time I hit the bottle I was 17.

Now it's unnaturally "bright" and uni-colour, and stinks of hair dye, despite two shampoos.
                I suppose it can't be that bad, as Mr ms hasn't noticed yet...

(He's just carted the kids off to Tesco for present shopping - I won't get my hopes up too high, although I suspect it will include beer, so not all bad)

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  May have to skip the club ride tomorrow morning. Unless they find a route that involves having the wind behind us all the way out and back.
                  One way, with train back?

Hoping to get out on my bike for a quickie in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Sorting through stuff, deciding what to get rid of today.

I'm going to have to decide which I'm less likely to ever need again: jeans with a 32" waist, or RS232 cables
                    Ditch the jeans, keep the cables.

Comment

Gricer doesn't seem to venture in here so I can say that I've just watched 5 of the esteemed Michael Portillo's railway journey eps, the one that went from Euston to Leeds.

Comment

Working...
                      X