• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and what's the deal with lamb being impossible to get hold of?????

My butcher has it rarely and it costs a small fortune, if you go to the Turkse slagerij, you get halal of dubious origin, which tastes cack.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Oh and what's the deal with lamb being impossible to get hold of?????

My butcher has it rarely and it costs a small fortune, if you go to the Turkse slagerij, you get halal of dubious origin, which tastes cack.
      Dutch people don't tend to like lamb because it has a taste, but occasionally it's for sale in AH, sometimes in butchers too, but the stuff in the Halal butchers is generally very freshly killed so hasn't had enough time to drain out the blood; it's generally OK for stewing I find.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Norrahe and Mich,

Surely there must be enough like-minded people (possibly ex-pats) in the Netherlands to make a plan B supplying decent meat or ingredients viable? They can't all have no tastebuds shirley?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Norrahe and Mich,

Surely there must be enough like-minded people (possibly ex-pats) in the Netherlands to make a plan B supplying decent meat or ingredients viable? They can't all have no tastebuds shirley?
          Well there are suppliers of absolute top quality meat but they only really supply to high end chefs who know what they're looking for; what's really needed here is some serious edjumakayshun about food to try and make consumers understand that they can eat good food for not much money if only they take the trouble to find out about it, and then there's a chance of a few of them buying it; trouble is, most Dutch consumers have always been as stingy as Scotsmanto the power of Yorkshireman squared, and now they're even worse due to this recessionny thingummy and a government that keeps threatening to raise taxes instead of getting their ******* spending under control.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The only shame is these guys don't age their meat and my Dutch isn't advanced enough to ask them about it.
            Shouldn't it be hung for 14 days or so?

<ZG in "my late departed grandfather was a butcher who went bust in 1937" mode>

Comment

30 mins to go. Still no voluntary euthanasia interview. Don't think they love me any more.

Agent confirmed a 10am start on Monday - at 3pm this pm

Worked in Belgium for around 2 years a while back. I used to return to UK every other w/e in the Jag and bring back 5lb of bacon and 5ld of decent cheese for distribution as these were all but impossible to get.
              Used to knock up a Cauliflower cheese with Bacon for my co-conspirators every now and again.

Frankfurt was worse.

Comment

Does he eat people too?
                Quite possibly.

Gives all the right signs, like.

I'm currently wondering what liver of Human Remains Director might taste like.

I think it would probly be bitter & nasty though.

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

You could go for the Brains - should be young and tender having not been used much?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Shouldn't it be hung for 14 days or so?

<ZG in "my late departed grandfather was a butcher who went bust in 1937" mode>
                      55 days.

<Bunk in Hawksmoor mode >

Comment

Working...
                      X