• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to take wifey shopping now seeyall later
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Fortune Green
      Hey DS23,

Congratulations to you on overtaking my post count in this thread!!!

FG.
      the legend that is fortune green!

why thankyou sir.

you are an inspiration!

Comment

good work diver. well done on the grand mark.

Comment

Thank you sir
          You are my Guru

Comment

Signed up with a diamond outfit after a few weeks and was put on a three week leave while they decided what to do with us.
            SA was getting boring so I flew back to the UK to see the family (They thought that I was in the merchant marine)
            A week after arriving home I got a telegram ordering me to a meeting in London.

Comment

Five of the other lads were at the meeting, including the two that we had left in Freetown.
              We were told that our contracts had been bought out. when things quieted down and he had begged us not to walk out. he explained that we were in efect being seconded out to a gov op and that our contracts covered that eventuality.

Comment

Some toff type came into the room then and the Agent left.
                The op he explained was a snatch job.
                He explained a bit more about the proposed op and we were all up for it.
                Then for the surprise, Leave with full pay until required.

Comment

Well! until required meant three days later.
                  The bunged us on a refresher at Hereford with a bunch of numpties on selection.
                  Time off had done us no favours, we who thought that we were fitter than fit were on our knees after the first week.
                  Good thing about it was that we were contractors now and the instructors couldn't RTU us

Comment

I still wonder why Hereford? on the last two gov op's we had been sent down to exmouth where we were a little less conspicuous.
                    Anyway, three weeks at Hereford and we were given leave again (still on full).
                    My feet were a mass of blisters by this time as they never had a chance to heal. the time off gave me some nice pink skin that was just ripe for tearing off on another yomp

Comment

I'm agog!!!

Wot happened next??

(Still waters, an' all that, Diver?? )
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X