• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice going from zg. the break seems to have done him some good.

Comment

"I remember taking a Philips SuperInductor TRF radio to bits in my dim & distant youth."

(sorry, can't be bothered to go back and find it)

anyway, don't know why but these words reminded me in a zap-kerpow way.

Comment

of the time in my dim and distant past when i decided to take apart my portable record player.

Comment

it was an old piece of kit even then. 81 maybe? square box with deep recessed lid that flipped open. covered in some kind of black slightly bubble textured stuff that was peeling off at the edges.

Comment

i can smell it too. musty and old. but precious to me since it enabled me to bring my music to boarding school. of course i needed all those records too. well, when i say "all" it was probably no more than 15 or so albums.

Comment

and half of them were probably not mine. but anyway, i think it failed to proceed according to the desired 33 and a third speed. so for some reason i decided that a schoolboy, screwdriver and desire to fix would produce the right result.

Comment

it was a weekend and the dorm was not full. which was probably a blessing since after unscrewing all the screws i could access i decided it was best to prod stuff.

Comment

i prodded stuff here and i prodded stuff there. nothing was loose or obvious and then there was a

Comment

bang!

Comment

i had touched something i really aught not to have touched.

Comment

Working...
                      X