• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    will you stay or disappear until 150k?
    No idea.

I'm on a project with no decent internet access, spies everywhere, a team lead who hates contractors, and a project manager who wants to getrid of me (not contractors, specifically me).

I have no internet access where I stay, apart from my useless 3 USB modem, which works rarely and then needs to reconnect.

I have no inclination to post on CUK outside of work time, really, and not at the weekends.

I am very busy with my current plan B, which I spent a fair amount of time on in my summer holiday. And on a good night I spend another 4 hours on it, so I don't want too many more distractions.

And I've proved that I can stay away if I really want to (although not to the extent that Wendigo has managed this year!).

So, I'll probably duck in every now and then, but while I'm on this project it's not going to be anywhere near my peak time of over 150 posts a day.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      How many do I have to delete to secure 125k?
      Brillopad, deleting posts in TPD? Never!

Not as long as I can remember, anyway

Although, come to think of it, there might be one occasion somewhere that is lurking in the depths of my memory....
      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        No idea.

I'm on a project with no decent internet access, spies everywhere, a team lead who hates contractors, and a project manager who wants to getrid of me (not contractors, specifically me).

I have no internet access where I stay, apart from my useless 3 USB modem, which works rarely and then needs to reconnect.

I have no inclination to post on CUK outside of work time, really, and not at the weekends.

I am very busy with my current plan B, which I spent a fair amount of time on in my summer holiday. And on a good night I spend another 4 hours on it, so I don't want too many more distractions.

And I've proved that I can stay away if I really want to (although not to the extent that Wendigo has managed this year!).

So, I'll probably duck in every now and then, but while I'm on this project it's not going to be anywhere near my peak time of over 150 posts a day.
        Well it was good to see you today - and I hope you pop in more frequently! And to tpdville too - I hope you like my .sig?

Now - this PM - just email his details - it will be sorted!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Brillopad, deleting posts in TPD? Never!

Not as long as I can remember, anyway

Although, come to think of it, there might be one occasion somewhere that is lurking in the depths of my memory....

good to see that when it comes to forgive and forget - you are like me! never forgive - but quick to forget.....

Comment

What happened to that "girl" that rode horses and was going to come to your Christening, BP?

Can't remember her name, but CM got very jealous of her when Zeity offered her a sweetie.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Evening denizens

Just got back from visiting my mum in hospital

They managed to find time to give her a scan, and it turns out she's got gallstones

Still, at least they know what it is now, and are giving her pain relief - the GPs were still mucking about with irrelevant antibiotics and things before she had to go to hospital yesterday

My dad helpfully pointed out to me that as he's had them, and now she has, I'll almost certainly have to go through it all in a few years

Anyway, we're still waiting to hear from the consultant what they plan on doing about it, so fingers crossed

Comment

Hi FaQ - good to see you

Katie is the young lady to whom you refer - she's not been seen since CM chased her away in July

Comment

Evening all
                  That boy go raaaaaaa
                  Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

It's The Faq!

How are you?
                    That boy go raaaaaaa
                    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Evening denizens

Just got back from visiting my mum in hospital

They managed to find time to give her a scan, and it turns out she's got gallstones

Still, at least they know what it is now, and are giving her pain relief - the GPs were still mucking about with irrelevant antibiotics and things before she had to go to hospital yesterday

My dad helpfully pointed out to me that as he's had them, and now she has, I'll almost certainly have to go through it all in a few years

Anyway, we're still waiting to hear from the consultant what they plan on doing about it, so fingers crossed
                      Wishing her well for a speedy recovery Mr Fitz
                      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                      X