• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning

No posts for a whole hour...

Comment

Shall be playing with the keyboard i/f on this PIC LCD thingie today...

With a 4 bit LCD i/f I have 5 free lines.

I'm thinking of using a 4017 ring counter for the column strobe.

Makes a change from the usual 74hc138 I suppose...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Am I the only one in here?
        Nope.. but you probably have long gone since that post.

Shame you don't pop in more often, we've missed the rants about dispensations

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Evening denizens

Just got back from visiting my mum in hospital

They managed to find time to give her a scan, and it turns out she's got gallstones

Still, at least they know what it is now, and are giving her pain relief - the GPs were still mucking about with irrelevant antibiotics and things before she had to go to hospital yesterday

My dad helpfully pointed out to me that as he's had them, and now she has, I'll almost certainly have to go through it all in a few years

Anyway, we're still waiting to hear from the consultant what they plan on doing about it, so fingers crossed
          Best wishes to your mum, NF.

My dad had some out with the magic eye some years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Good morning all!

Good morning CM!
            Morning doggie See you later

Morning everyone

Hope your mum will be ok Chimp
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

We might as well bring back pasting random content from Wikipedia at this rate:
              The Cleveland Street scandal occurred in 1889, when a homosexual male brothel in Cleveland Street, London, was uncovered by police. At the time, sexual acts between men were illegal in Britain, and the brothel's clients faced possible prosecution and certain social ostracism if discovered. It was rumoured that one of the brothel's clients was Prince Albert Victor, who was the son of the Prince of Wales and second-in-line to the British throne.

Although I prefer the original Wiki:

I am an idiot. That has profoundly affected the way I code. Everything must be simple enough for a child to understand, and even then, I struggle.

Being an idiot has forced me to RefactorMercilessly. If I don't, there's no chance of my understanding my code. And if I don't understand my code, there's no chance of my getting it to work.

I've seen people who can solve complex problems, and I admire them. Alas, I'm not one of them. So whenever I have to solve a complex problem, I make it simple first.

If I can't make a problem simple, it's usually because someone else insists that it remain complex. In that case, I have to wait for someone smart to fix it (thank you, smart person), or for someone to change their mind and allow me to make the problem simple.

BTW, I found that page on Ward's Original Wiki by using the full-text search for the word "banana"
              I was going to start quoting from Wikipedia, but my connection dropped (again) so I gave up.

Morning all
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Morning doggie See you later

Morning everyone

Hope your mum will be ok Chimp
                Morning, Carling Wotsit
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I was going to start quoting from Wikipedia, but my connection dropped (again) so I gave up.

Morning all
                  Hey FaQ -

this is great, just like the good old days
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

Morning all
                    <whistling the tune Mark Morrison - Return of the FaQ >

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      <whistling the tune Mark Morrison - Return of the FaQ >

Morning Monkey

I have The Courteeners in my head, Not 19 forever - Saw them last night and they were sooooooo good!!
                      Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                      X