• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SThree have launched their IR35 product

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Met a couple just the other Christmas when I was out with my family at one of their friends.

They used to work for Sunday Solutions when it went t*ts up, but then had then gone on to create their own scheme.

They then started to try and sell to me, I made it very clear why I wasn't interested and why.

The best that they could come up with as far as defence to my rhetoric was that the scheme was "QC approved."
    Did you ask how good the lunch was?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

S3 are selling fried air.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        The client has little incentive to generate an outside result with the tool (except when they really cannot find a candidate in which case which decision is HMRC going to use).

S3 are instead guiding the client through the process (probably ensuring they fill in the form correctly in such a way that the answer reads outside). They are also checking that the working practices are outside (given that the contract will be standard - that's all that QDOS needs to do).

You then also have an agency that knows how things need to work to keep people outside so if things start looking wrong at the end client (scope creep, can just look at) you can be sure S3 will step in and advice the client that they can't do that...

Hence (and I'm trying hard not to make this a sales pitch for I'm not on commission) while any initial client may say you are outside there is a risk that the clients behaviour may eventually lead you into being inside. With S3 that's less likely to occur as the agency can advice the client that they can't do that....
        S3 have certainly moved on from their reputation a few years ago. I recall threads on here that routinely condemned them and their group companies as some of the worst agencies to work though.

site:forums.contractoruk.com S3 group
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          S3 have certainly moved on from their reputation a few years ago. I recall threads on here that routinely condemned them and their group companies as some of the worst agencies to work though.

site:forums.contractoruk.com S3 group
          Yep - that's not to say they are going to be perfect. But currently if I was hunting for a public sector contract I would trust S3 to give me a trustworthy valid outside IR35 decision than any other agency....

Comment

Yep - that's not to say they are going to be perfect. But currently if I was hunting for a public sector contract I would trust S3 to give me a trustworthy valid outside IR35 decision than any other agency....
            Mainly down to AH's influence I believe.

I wouldn't have touched the S3 stable a few years back!!
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I was going to use solution but for those with a longer memory that phrase is actually worse....
              Strategy?

I don't see a particular problem with this, because there's no attempt to circumvent the rules. Either the client and S3 define WPs that are clearly outside, and the review passes, or they don't. In many cases, the PSB will not be willing or able to agree to WPs that are clearly outside, but I don't see anything wrong with the approach taken, and it should be agreeable to HMRC too (afterall, having the client and fee payer act as gatekeeper is the whole point, right? ).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Strategy?

I don't see a particular problem with this, because there's no attempt to circumvent the rules. Either the client and S3 define WPs that are clearly outside, and the review passes, or they don't. In many cases, the PSB will not be willing or able to agree to WPs that are clearly outside, but I don't see anything wrong with the approach taken, and it should be agreeable to HMRC too (afterall, having the client and fee payer act as gatekeeper is the whole point, right? ).
                For me that is the winner thus far
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

... I would trust S3...
                  I never thought I'd see that phrase meant in earnest. How times change!
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    I never thought I'd see that phrase meant in earnest. How times change!
                    Believe me its a surprise. But its the same as with Contractor Umbrella I have the direct dial of senior people and I know they are clueful....

Comment

Believe me its a surprise. But its the same as with Contractor Umbrella I have the direct dial of senior people and I know they are clueful....
                      I'm sure a lot of senior people running agencies are. It's when you have to deal with the humdrum it starts getting messy.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X