• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PS Bodies unite to try to shelve IR35 plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
    Our symbol should be a frog sitting cozily in a warm bath, totally oblivious to the temperature being increased slowly but surely.
    (well, not so slowly now)
    I'm not oblivious I just know that certain things can be fought and certain things are going to occur regardless (it's why I fought hard on the PSC expenses issue but not the public sector changes).

Now if you want to be useful take that NHS letter I linked to earlier and send it to a few people. Spreading that far and wide would be a better use of our time today than arguing and pointless point scoring here.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      1) nope - couldn't argue that - once people were tricked into those schemes there was no argument to support them... What I have done since 2002 is state that joining a scheme is a bad idea and will lead to pain.
      2) believe me I argued but its a annoyingly small jump in logic from 3 month temp contract (you can't claim expenses) to a 3 month temp contract via an umbrella - it was a losing battle. What we did win was the fact personal service companies were not hit by the same rules - the IR35 amendment was a clue to the next plan but wasn't part of the initial discussion document.
      3) Where? I've not seen a direct attack on bum on seat contractors.
      4) Hmm - everyone has complained about this but HMG isn't listening...
      You seem to have interpreted my post as some kind of personal thing aimed at you - it was not aimed at any specific individual.
      First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
        You seem to have interpreted my post as some kind of personal thing aimed at you - it was not aimed at any specific individual.
        Nope I just thought it was worth replying to.

It's interesting to see who is thanking / liking which replies....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm not oblivious I just know that certain things can be fought and certain things are going to occur regardless (it's why I fought hard on the PSC expenses issue but not the public sector changes).

Now if you want to be useful take that NHS letter I linked to earlier and send it to a few people. Spreading that far and wide would be a better use of our time today than arguing and pointless point scoring here.
          Shared on a locums forum (although it is a bit there!)

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
            Shared on a locums forum (although it is a bit there!)
            Wrapped it up in a short article on LinkdIn.

Already done one piece on the IR35 changes that got a good response, so tagged it as a follow up on that.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's interesting to see who is thanking / liking which replies....
              First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Working...
              X