• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Decision Tool :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fxc View Post
    in my experience there is usually a clause along these lines, however it tends to be "soft" and in practice the client and contractor have tended to come to agreement. The work is usually not done in own time, for example, and is often still paid for to some degree.

Im saying if it were "hard" would be people be down with that?
    They have to be else the clause will be a sham. You signed for it so you are obliged to do it should the situation arise.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

in other related news, I heard yesterday evening that the cabinet office are likely to make an announcement this week delaying this whole thing as "nothing is ready"...

you can prob take that with a massive pinch of salt, but its what ive heard, fingers crossed

Comment

in other related news, I heard yesterday evening that the cabinet office are likely to make an announcement this week delaying this whole thing as "nothing is ready"...

you can prob take that with a massive pinch of salt, but its what ive heard, fingers crossed
        Or as it's known, deliberately introduce delay, wait for people to have signed new contracts March / April time out of a false sense of security that it'll be scrapped and then nail lots of people.

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
          Or as it's known, deliberately introduce delay, wait for people to have signed new contracts March / April time out of a false sense of security that it'll be scrapped and then nail lots of people.
          Delaying doesn't solve anything. The damage of people leaving has already been done and a few renewals won't change the pie HMRC are chasing after.

That isn't to say I don't believe it will be delayed - the idea of delaying this train wreck is so stupid that they probably will...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Delaying doesn't solve anything. The damage of people leaving has already been done and a few renewals won't change the pie HMRC are chasing after.

That isn't to say I don't believe it will be delayed - the idea of delaying this train wreck is so stupid that they probably will...
            I was thinking more that those leaving have/will leave anyway.

Plenty of vacancies becoming available however would attract the inside IR35 brigade to replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by hollyblue View Post
              Is anyone able to decipher this for me please ?! .......
              It's written in Scala, and uses the Play! as the MVC framework.

Interestingly, there are lots of public sector contracts available if you are any good (or not, seemingly) at Scala. All based in places with large HMRC offices. Make of that what you will.

also looks like if you have a clause in your contract that says you have to put right any work the client is not happy with in your own time and without additional pay, that also results in an outside verdict?
              That's the way we read that on the team I'm part of today as well. I certainly have a clause to that effect in my contract.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You should already have this in your contract.
              Agree 100%

I cannot see the tool being ready on time. By on time, I mean with enough time before April 6th to allow thousands of PS contracts to be put through it.

Also, the spreadsheet's filename is 1.0.0-FINAL.xlsx, but I'll be you a pound to a penny there is a 1.0.1-BETA.xlsx knocking around on someone's shared drive over at HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by NORTHMAN View Post
                Also, the spreadsheet's filename is 1.0.0-FINAL.xlsx, but I'll be you a pound to a penny there is a 1.0.1-BETA.xlsx knocking around on someone's shared drive over at HMRC.
                If you look through some of the other branches on github, like the integration version, you'll find a newer spreadsheet version 1.1.0-final.

Haven't done a comparison to see if anything has changed yet though.

Comment

Interesting article looks like everyone above has called it as it is.
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 October 2018, 21:46.

Comment

Tool is defective

Everyone is passing it!
                    Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 October 2018, 21:46.

Comment

Thread merge on aisle 5?

Comment

Working...
                      X